Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Spaarky1978

Old September 1st, 2012, 02:34 PM
Are the different kits going to auto populate their individual items into the character sheet when purchased or are they going to add like the Pathfinder's Kit already does and you have to manually add each item for free from it?
Spaarky1978 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:59 AM
We have not had the time to build the mechanisms that are needed to improve the way kits work. The new kits from UE will work like the existing ones do.
Mathias is online now   #22 Reply With Quote
Kevida

Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaarky1978 View Post
Are the different kits going to auto populate their individual items into the character sheet when purchased or are they going to add like the Pathfinder's Kit already does and you have to manually add each item for free from it?
THAT will probably be the hardest thing to implement!
Kevida is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
FullMadness2012

Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:58 PM
The waiting is killing me..
FullMadness2012 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old September 4th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
We have not had the time to build the mechanisms that are needed to improve the way kits work. The new kits from UE will work like the existing ones do.
*sad panda*

Pity, as it kind of defeats the whole point of kits...
Unseelie is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
pathar

Old September 12th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Hey guys. Any updates? Much love & all, but we're coming up on a month since the release date.
pathar is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Nero Shade

Old September 14th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I too would like to know when to expect these books. I have two games that are already using them.
Nero Shade is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 15th, 2012, 12:52 AM
If we give the squirrels running in their wheels any more caffeine, they will become "late" squirrels (yes, that's a Monty Python reference). And nobody wants that. We're working on UE as fast as we can.

To put things in perspective, the ARG entailed approximately *six months* of work, and we were able to get started close to three months prior to the release of the book. For Ultimate Equipment, we had barely one month of head start, and in the middle of that month was GenCon, which chewed up roughly two weeks (one week at the Con plus a few days getting prepped and another few getting caught up after return). So we started out in a deep hole with UE, and the book is even bigger than the ARG.

If I quoted you a timeframe, someone here (probably a full posse) would hang me from a meat hook. So all I can say at this point is that the squirrels are running as fast as they can, it's a monumental task, and we're making steady progress. The one thing I can guarantee at this point is that, if we don't have it done in the next two weeks, you'll get lots of details in the September newsletter that outline exactly where we're at with everything.

I wish I had more details than that, but I'd be lying if I said anything more definitive.
rob is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 15th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Ultimate Equipment, we had barely one month of head start ... it's a monumental task, and we're making steady progress.
The good thing about this company is they do work very hard on the product.
The best thing is anything that is needed out of UE can be added by customers in the editor. I've already made several items I've needed. You can also add items with just description (custom item) and then add the effects with adjustments. Then when the real deal comes out, just swap it out.
risner is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Spaarky1978

Old September 15th, 2012, 07:36 AM
More in regards to Paths of Prestige it was recently updated in a blog here. Just thought I would let you all know since I am sure you have not started on that yet and may be unaware.
Spaarky1978 is offline   #30 Reply With Quote