Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

WhyteOne

Old December 1st, 2020, 11:52 AM
So, I am trying to create an automatic calculation for unique subclass i am creating. Basically, I need a calculation that goes like this:

1+attribute bonus/2 (rounded down if possible)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
WhyteOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 1st, 2020, 11:59 AM
I'm afraid I need a lot more context about how the game system you're creating works - where do you want to store the result? What pick stores the attribute bonus, and what field specifically on that pick would be this bonus, vs. some other value.

In PF1, for example, this might look like:

field[abValue].value = 1 + round(hero.child[aSTR].field[aModBonus].value/2,0,-1)

But that assumes that this is fixed at always using strength, and doesn't have to look up the corresponding attribute in some way (like a user-chosen attribute from a drop-down, or looking up the primary ability score on the class). It also assumes that I'm running this from an ability - perhaps one of the abilities bootstrapped by my class, and then I'm storing the result in one of the generic value fields on that pick, so that other things can later look at the value I've calculated and make use of it.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
WhyteOne

Old December 1st, 2020, 12:10 PM
so, this is for d&d 5e.
i am trying to set a value for a class special ability.
basically, i want an auto calculation that take the above mention calculation and show it for the number of uses that the class special ability has per long rest
WhyteOne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 1st, 2020, 01:59 PM
The authoring kit forum is for creating new game systems from scratch - if you have a 5e question, I recommend asking that in the 5e forums.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote