Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Senko

Old November 21st, 2020, 02:18 PM
I'm trying to create the mighty template and it adds

A mighty creature gains +10 bonus hit points per Hit Die (minimum +50)

Amongst other things. I've tried hunting for something that adds HP per hit die to adapt but I haven't found any so I'm wondering does anyone know the fomula to do this off the top of their head please? Otherwise I'll just keep hunting, thanks in advance for any help.
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old November 21st, 2020, 03:20 PM
Off the top of my head, I'd have a look at scripts on the Toughness feat (which adds 1 hp/lvl, min 3). Not near HL to see whether it's indeed helpful.
Lord Magus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old November 22nd, 2020, 07:21 PM
Stupid password difficulties.

Good idea thanks, I hadn't thought of that.

The scripts there do nothing in the template but I'll play around and see if I can figure out why.

~ If we are using the wounds and vigor variant we need to adjust for that
if (hero.tagis[source.UCWound] <> 0) then
~ our bonus is our hit dice
field[abValue].value += herofield[tHitDice].value
else
~ our bonus is our hit dice or 3, whichever is higher
field[abValue].value += maximum(herofield[tHitDice].value, 3)
endif

and

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

~ add that bonus to our wounds total
container.child[Wounds].field[wndFeat].value += field[abValue].value
else
~ add that bonus to our hit points
container.child[Totals].field[tBonusHP].value += field[abValue].value
endif
Senko is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 23rd, 2020, 04:58 AM
There's an adjustment, it's either part of hero lab entirely or part of the Community Package.
You can add X hit points per level with it.

That does exactly what you're looking for, so I'd look at that.
Ualaa is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 23rd, 2020, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senko View Post
Stupid password difficulties.

Good idea thanks, I hadn't thought of that.

The scripts there do nothing in the template but I'll play around and see if I can figure out why.

~ our bonus is our hit dice
field[abValue].value += herofield[tHitDice].value
else
~ our bonus is our hit dice or 3, whichever is higher
field[abValue].value += maximum(herofield[tHitDice].value, 3)
endif

and

else
endif
You should be looking at Priority and Timing as well, not just the script. Everything in Hero Lab has a Phase and Priority, if you don't time the script right it won't do anything. Also, the else part of that first if then is not needed if you just want to add a number of hit points equal to HD.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old November 23rd, 2020, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
There's an adjustment, it's either part of hero lab entirely or part of the Community Package.
You can add X hit points per level with it.

That does exactly what you're looking for, so I'd look at that.
I actually tried that first if your talking about what I think you are. I can use that in permanent adjustment on the character sheeet and just give a character bonus HP but I need to change it each level manually for each character. I don't know where to find that in the editor to make it part of a template. I've a community tab but nothing there really makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
You should be looking at Priority and Timing as well, not just the script. Everything in Hero Lab has a Phase and Priority, if you don't time the script right it won't do anything. Also, the else part of that first if then is not needed if you just want to add a number of hit points equal to HD.
I didn't include the timing and priority information before because I figured that could just be migrated across since they're both post levels at 5,000 and 15,000 priority with no timing information specified and be fine. I was actually digging through the tutorials on the theory its the hero child or the like that is not mapping correctly.

Good to get confirmation on the or else part I thought I could just cut the first half of that but until I got it adding the hp that was just being left alone to keep it as close to the toughness feat.
Senko is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 24th, 2020, 05:46 PM
Phase and Priority are essential, they determine the timing on when the script runs. Keep in mind this script is adding the bonus directly to the class levels not the overall hp.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old November 25th, 2020, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Phase and Priority are essential, they determine the timing on when the script runs. Keep in mind this script is adding the bonus directly to the class levels not the overall hp.
Interesting though I don't see how it would affect anything here. A direct copy script, phase, priority. Add template, add levels no HP, add template, add levels, add toughness feat, get bonus hp.
Senko is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 26th, 2020, 08:18 AM
Senko, that code from post #2 in this thread is what you put in an eval script on the template itself? Or was this on an ability bootstrapped from the template? Because that shouldn't have even compiled if it was on the template - the abValue field does not exist on the "Template" compset, the way it does on the "Feat" compset.

You'll need to use a variable instead - replace all references to abValue with the variable.
Code:
var hitpointstoadd as number

hitpointstoadd += herofield[tHitDice].value
Oh, and in the Develop menu, make sure you have "Enable Data File Debugging" turned on. That would have given you extra error messages that might have flagged this.

Also, in the second section of that template, Helper.FtDisable is a test that is only relevant to feats.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old November 27th, 2020, 01:00 AM
Ok in order . . .

1) It was in the eval script on the template itself. It not compiling would explain why it didn't add hp I thought I had an invalid identifier in there good to know I was on the right track even if it would probably have taken me a lot longer to track it down.

2) Thanks for the correct variable I'll play around with it when I have some more time. I'm obviously still entering it wrong as its not changing anything.

3) I'll enable that debugger.

4) So I take it . . .

else
endif