Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Aril

Old November 13th, 2020, 08:06 PM
I bought the Deep Magic book from Kobold Press on the license management page.

However, when I go into the spells column, I can't find find incantations that should be there. Examples are "Stories Wolves Tell", which is in the print and PDF copies of the book.

But if I do a text search in spells, I can't find it.

I then *created* the ritual from scratch in the Editor, I tested for compatibility and it passed.

But when I go back into a character, I can't find the ritual still. Are they not in the lists of spells?

Do I add them as a magic item?

Help!
Aril is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old November 14th, 2020, 10:54 AM
Did you add the new source(s) to the character? (Under the Character Menu, pick Configure Hero. Find the new source(s) in the list and check whatever is needed.)

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 14th, 2020, 02:02 PM
Among the Deep Magic settings is an optional rule "Deep Magic: Use Runes & Incantations. Then, I added the "Rune Mastery" feat, and a "Rune Magic" tab was added, and in the Incantations table there, I can add Stories Wolves Tell.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old November 17th, 2020, 08:19 AM
That's Rune Magic.

In Deep Magic, I've picked "Student of Incantations", but no additional tab for Rituals or Incantations appears.

The only place to add spells is the "Wizard" tab (if I selected a wizard). When I try to add spells, the only ritual I see is "Stories Wolves Tell" and I only see it because I added it manually through the editor tool.

Is this just a matter where we've got the tools to add incantations, but none of them are included by default, so we have to input all of them?
Aril is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2020, 08:38 AM
At this point, I'd recommend reporting this issue to Kobold Press - the links to the bug reporting addresses for each company are here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=24976

I'm looking at the code, and the only ways to get the incantation tab to show are three things - the Rune Mastery feat, a class ability called Shadow Traveler (looks like it's for a class named Twilight Envoy), and a class ability called Revelation of Runes (looks like the class is Doom Croaker).

The incantations are implemented, but they were not set up as spells, and I'm afraid that I'm not certain what design KP had in mind for how users were supposed to add these.

An alternative to entering them all would be to create a mechanic that bootstraps the cfgKPRunes configurable - that should allow that same table to show up on any character.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old May 17th, 2021, 06:33 PM
OK, that's what I've done. I e-mailed them at the link you provided.
Aril is offline   #6 Reply With Quote