Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

eastsydneyboy

Old November 1st, 2020, 08:58 PM
I came across some usage that I'm a bit puzzled over in d20 file srd_attributes.dat. In the definition of the thing 'uINT', there's a comment about sorting order that I don't quite get, and an eval with a sortas="LevelBonus". My confusion stems from the fact that the documentation says that the sortas attribute "is only applicable to component scripts", yet this is a thing script.

Why is there a sortas attribute here, and what would it even do? If there are multiple 'uINT' things, then they would all have the same id or name, so I'm not sure what sorting them would do.

Any help in understanding this would be appreciated, and this seems most confusing.
eastsydneyboy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 2nd, 2020, 08:02 AM
I don't remember whether the sortas has been expanded to also work on thing scripts, or whether this is a case where HL would ignore this particular sortas because it's not on a component script, but we're not generating an error message.

My first thought is that this feels like a mistake - someone copied a script that was on a component and included all the little details, including this one that should have been removed.

However, they are added to an ordered table, so if the sort does matter here, it would run their individual scripts in their current order within that table (since the user might have adjusted the order after adding them), instead of in HL's default order for scripts that are at the same phase & priority.

Since this is intelligence bonuses that you gain as you level, it may have to do with when to add skills/level as your INT increases - you need to know what level this particular bonus was added at and compare that to the total level to figure out how many skill points get added to various things.

I apologize that I don't remember the details off the top of my head, and I don't have enough time right now to refresh my memory on how d20 does this sort of thing.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote