Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Negaman

Old October 15th, 2020, 05:02 PM
Hi all, please forgive my noobishness. I created some Brass Knuckles and wanted to allow my player's Monk to use them as part of the list of Monk approved weapons, but I can't find a way to alter it or to designate the Brass Knuckles as Monk approved. I tried searching the forums for this and I didn't see that anyone had asked about it yet.
Negaman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 15th, 2020, 05:14 PM
On your weapon, (in the editor) take a look at the list of things on left hand side. Under Damage, Proficiency, etc is "Group" - click on edit and tick the box for "Monk". This should make your weapon available to a Monk.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Negaman

Old October 19th, 2020, 04:11 PM
I did do as you suggested but it didn't seem to work....I looked at other Monk weapons and I can't see any thing that seems to be missing...Is there some other file that needs to be modified?
Negaman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 19th, 2020, 11:04 PM
Sorry for that. I've just been back in and done some testing, and it didn't work. Like you, I checked 'actual' monk weapons, and their isn't anything different. This suggest that the proficiency has to be added to the Monk class, 'extend thing' might work.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Negaman

Old October 24th, 2020, 07:03 AM
When I go to do things to the Monk class in the HL Editor, the file I'm finding it in says its a core game system file and I can't modify it. If I can't modify those files, is my only solution to make a new feat that extends the monk proficiencies?

Also, is there a link that explains the "extend thing" in the context of using the editor? Everything I'm finding in the forums looks like coding which is not my strength...I was kind of hoping I wouldn't need a computer science degree to do this
Negaman is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 24th, 2020, 02:37 PM
You can't modify the core files, but you can copy them. So you could make an alternate Monk class. I've got some notes on using Extend Thing, but I've realised they have different ways of using the tags for different things. I'm testing this out and I'll hopefully post a solution today.

EDIT: Okay, forget Extend. I dug around in other files that had monk weapons, and found something in Oriental Adv. Do this - on the weapon, click on the TAGS button (top right), and "add another tag"
Group Id: IsWeapon Tag Id: wUnarmed

Last edited by Dami; October 24th, 2020 at 03:20 PM.
Dami is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Negaman

Old October 25th, 2020, 06:18 AM
Thank you very much!
Negaman is offline   #7 Reply With Quote