Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daudvyd

Old November 15th, 2018, 01:18 AM
I'd like to have several windows open to the same realm, for example a person topic and a user note. Is that possible?
daudvyd is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old November 15th, 2018, 01:27 AM
No, unfortunately not.

There have been several requests for this already, the most recent being this one I think, but right now it can't be done.
I wish it would be possible too, or at least detachable tabs.

What's your use case for this? Maybe someone knows another way to achieve what you want to be doing.
Merion is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daudvyd

Old November 15th, 2018, 02:32 AM
Here is my use case:

I'm trying to create a single realm to use simultaneously with two groups of players. One game started about six months ago, the other game started three months ago. Maintaining two similar realms and copying new material between them seemed nearly impossible. Also, the players don't use RealmWorks--only I do.

My plan is to separate all the entities (e.g. NPC people) from their current whereabouts and status. For example, the players in one group had a criminal NPC in custody while the players in the other group scared her into trying to leave town. I'm setting up two categories of user notes (Group 1 and Group 2) to store the current status of each NPC. The NPC's name will serve as a link between the user note and the corresponding person topic.

It would be great to see the user note and the person topic at the same time.
daudvyd is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Shadowy_one

Old November 19th, 2018, 01:18 AM
I use Topic Views to manage two different groups in the same setting. It's not perfect, but it helps keep an overview of what which group knows...
Shadowy_one is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old November 19th, 2018, 03:40 AM
Basically this boils down to the individual character reveal feature that also has been asked for (multiple times I think), right?!
Merion is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old November 19th, 2018, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
Basically this boils down to the individual character reveal feature that also has been asked for (multiple times I think), right?!
Yep, and even further discussed as a feature for the "players Version of Realmworks"

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 19th, 2018, 04:33 AM
Actually this sounds more like needing two separate versions of the same base realm. Ultimately it would be far easier to simply change the NPC, and other topics in the separate realms as needed.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Avi

Old November 19th, 2018, 04:39 AM
Merge RLW with Github and version control with branching
Avi is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old November 19th, 2018, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Actually this sounds more like needing two separate versions of the same base realm. Ultimately it would be far easier to simply change the NPC, and other topics in the separate realms as needed.
KBS.. I would agree if the perspective is from the DM (GM point of view for game management)... As the thread first started....

I was making reference to Merlion's perspective as it would relate to a player point of view...

Suffice to say both are not available and unlikely until LWD goes 64bit due to RAM limits as realms grow... and of course the swamp that is the content market....

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote