Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:50 PM
Ask and ye shall receive. ^_^ 10 minutes in the editor. Not an official files, use at your own risk, etc, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Super Speed modifications.zip (589 Bytes, 3 views)
Duggan is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old June 3rd, 2010, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Ask and ye shall receive. ^_^ 10 minutes in the editor. Not an official files, use at your own risk, etc, etc.
Dude, you are the man! I wish I could figure out how to do these things... I bought the license for the Hero Lab Editor, and couldn't get past the 'Write a file in XML'

Thanks again, Duggan!
Shadowchaser is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 4th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I've sent this question off to GR, so hopefully they'll clarify things for me. Thanks for the discussion & explanations
Colen is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old June 4th, 2010, 08:31 PM
No problemo, Colen!

Thank you for being the kind of guy who listens to criticisms with an ear towards making the product better!
Shadowchaser is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 4th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Speaking of the powers... is there a decent way to set up a Prereq on those stunts such that the power has to be of the Movement type? That way, with any Movement power, one would automatically get the "Running Punch" and "Whirlwind Attack" without having to add it to Leaping, Teleport, Spatial Control, etc. It seem like it should be reasonably easy to do, but my attempts to adapt the various attack-only feats have led to errors.

On a similar vein, is there a good way to add enhanced feats automatically to a container? I tried doing it like the powers. A point was charged, but the feat didn't show up either in the container, the list of feats, or in the Special tab.
Duggan is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old June 5th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Speaking of the powers... is there a decent way to set up a Prereq on those stunts such that the power has to be of the Movement type? That way, with any Movement power, one would automatically get the "Running Punch" and "Whirlwind Attack" without having to add it to Leaping, Teleport, Spatial Control, etc. It seem like it should be reasonably easy to do, but my attempts to adapt the various attack-only feats have led to errors.

On a similar vein, is there a good way to add enhanced feats automatically to a container? I tried doing it like the powers. A point was charged, but the feat didn't show up either in the container, the list of feats, or in the Special tab.
Rapid Attack is more of a 2pp AP (+0 Strike, +1 Area Effect, +1 Selective) and wouldn't AP directly off of any movement powers, but the Power Feat Running Punch was designed as more of an improved Charging attack, so it should be easy to make available for any movement power.
Shadowchaser is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 7th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Got the word back from Green Ronin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Ronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I have a question on how to handle the Super-Speed power in M&M2. I know this power is "special" in that Quickness and Speed account for 3 points per rank, with a 2 point array left over. So you can buy another related power, with a total cost of (2PP * super speed rank), and use that at the same time as Quickness and Speed.
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
However, can you then add an alternate power to the entire Super-Speed effect? For example, let's say that I took rank 5 super-speed, for a cost of 25 points. Could I then add an alternate "Kinetic Blast" power (Blast rank 12, total 24 PP) for a total cost of 26PP (25 + 1 alternate power)? The Blast power would be exclusive to super-speed, so I couldn't use it if Super-Speed was active. Or, am I limited to taking a 5x2 = 10 PP Blast power, which can then always be used when Super-Speed is active?
No, you could theoretically take an Alternate Power to the entire Super-Speed power. The standard construction is for the typical super-speed character, who can do various stunts while also still being fast.
So both ways of doing it are correct - you can take the small, 2 point alternate powers to use at the same time, or "full" alternate powers that you can use instead of the super-speed stuff.
Colen is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 7th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
You should be able to test the "movement effect" in an ExprReq, like so:

Code:
tagis[pwEffect.Movement] <> 0
That will fail and give you an error message if the power isn't a Movement power.

Quote:
I assume you mean when you're designing your own container? I think you'll have to add two tags to them (that get automatically added when you add them through the table) - Helper.Shadow, and Helper.VarSetting. So add those two tags to each feat you bootstrap and you should be fine.
Colen is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
roguescribner

Old June 7th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks, Colen. I think the way you have to construct the power to make it work is what caused the initial confusion, but I know what to do from now on.
roguescribner is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old June 7th, 2010, 10:45 AM
I said this over in the M&M forums, but I wanted to say it here as well: Thanks for following up, Colen!
Shadowchaser is offline   #30 Reply With Quote