Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

dafrca

Old April 8th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeygiant View Post
Fantasy Grounds announced today that they have a license with WotC for 5e materials, I don't know it this is good or bad news in terms of our chances of getting a 5e module for herolab?
Do you see Fantasy Grounds and Hero lab as similar products?

Would/Could WotC create licenses with both if they elected to?

Would Lone Wolf be willing to buy the license if it was offered?

I admit I don't know the answers but I will say, I really wanted to see a 5th Ed pack for Hero Lab.
dafrca is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
TheBullDog

Old April 9th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafrca View Post
Do you see Fantasy Grounds and Hero lab as similar products?

Would/Could WotC create licenses with both if they elected to?

Would Lone Wolf be willing to buy the license if it was offered?

I admit I don't know the answers but I will say, I really wanted to see a 5th Ed pack for Hero Lab.
Fantasy Grounds is built as an Electronic Tabletop RPG system, however you can use it to just create characters. So yes I see them as similar products.

Yes WoTC could create licenses with both, it is their product after all

I would hope they would, it might not be cheap but I think it would be worth it.

I agree I would love to see 5e supported in a future Hero Lab update.
TheBullDog is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
Dervish

Old April 9th, 2015, 07:18 PM
they will not penetrate the VTT market as deeply as they hope they literally priced themselves out of the market on this one
Dervish is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
ddaley

Old April 30th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervish View Post
they will not penetrate the VTT market as deeply as they hope they literally priced themselves out of the market on this one
When you say "they," do you mean Fantasy Grounds? Their D&D 5 edition stuff is rather pricey. So, I am guessing you mean FG.

I have been tempted to buy FG, just for the 5th edition support. But, it is too expensive.
ddaley is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 30th, 2015, 07:15 AM
If I were running a virtual campaign, I might still spend the money, but I was thinking of using it at table simply as a combat manager and for that it was too costly, especially since I am unsure how helpful it would be without being able to fully test it with all the DD5e content. One benefit of DD5e is that combat is much more streamlined and much simpler for a DM to manage. For now my Paizo combat pad does the trick.
MNBlockHead is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 30th, 2015, 07:36 AM
BTW, I'm not sure how much the feedback helps, but it can't hurt. Complete this month's D&D 5e survey at the WoTC site: http://sgiz.mobi/s3/D-D-5e-Elements-Survey-3

Most of the survey is soliciting feedback on adventure path modules, opinions on races, and information on how often you play, etc. But there is an other comments at the end that give you 500 comments to made further suggestions/requests. This is what I entered as a further comment:

"PLEASE speed up licensing of content to third-party game aids. Fantasy Grounds was a good first step, but I am praying that you can work something out with Wolf Lair for Hero Labs and Realmworks. Both, esp. Hero Labs have a large user base willing to pay money on electronic game aids. Also, a high percentage of the customer base are DMs who are highly influential in terms of what game systems are selected and what products their players select to support their game."
MNBlockHead is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
ddaley

Old April 30th, 2015, 07:39 AM
I mainly want a tool to help manage my adventures while at the table. Realm Works is nice, and I have begun entering the Lost Mine of Phandelver into it (and will probably continue to do so). I like how it is easy to create linked material in Realm Works. I think it'll really streamline our sessions... assuming I enter all of the data I need.

I have watched a few videos on FG. I think Realm Works is a much better tool for my purposes. It would be nice to be able to buy the content for Realm Works though.

A character creator would be nice. I know 5e is much simpler, but having a creator is always nice.
ddaley is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old January 12th, 2016, 10:31 AM
SRD and OGL for 5th Ed released.
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/feat...e-document-srd

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 12th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Here's our official announcement following the SRD release: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54686
liz is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old January 28th, 2016, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asandir View Post
The SRD does not seem to change my position by much. It seems a lot of stuff in the Player Manual is not included (and my version of the Hero Lab for 5e includes ALL of it, added to this most of DMG and a lot of additional stuff from Adventure books and the WotC monthly column). Which means to release something I would have to check a lot of what is covered by the SRD and what not and probably remove a lot of stuff. Which means I for now will release nothing and will check how the "official" dataset of Wolflair will be (but I guess
they have the same problem about SRD not covering everything unless they have a real contract with WotC in the meanwhile).
MagicSN is offline   #80 Reply With Quote