Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

karpomatic

Old August 20th, 2013, 04:19 AM
So, is there any chance that WOTC and LWD will join forces like you did with Paizo and add 5th Edition / Next to Hero lab?
karpomatic is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 22nd, 2013, 06:25 AM
We do not have anything to announce right now with Wizards of the Coast. We would love to support D&D Next through Hero Lab and are currently in discussions about doing so. If that's something you would like to see, we definitely encourage you to share that with WOTC as well.
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
We do not have anything to announce right now with Wizards of the Coast. We would love to support D&D Next through Hero Lab and are currently in discussions about doing so. If that's something you would like to see, we definitely encourage you to share that with WOTC as well.
To be honest I'd prefer the D20 files to get some TLC at the moment. D&D4e is mostly supported(?) by the DDI downloader.

Adding dnd next support would be great but those of us left with stacks of Dnd3.5 books were left floundering somewhat, even with the Pathfinder support.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Our 3.5 support cannot extend beyond the SRD due to the need for a license from Wizards to do so. We have approached Wizards in the past about this, but they ultimately were not interested in doing so. If we secure a license for Next, we may perhaps be able to also secure a license for 3.5, which could make this possible. However, we're only in discussions at this point, so there's nothing concrete to share at this time.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Our 3.5 support cannot extend beyond the SRD due to the need for a license from Wizards to do so. We have approached Wizards in the past about this, but they ultimately were not interested in doing so. If we secure a license for Next, we may perhaps be able to also secure a license for 3.5, which could make this possible. However, we're only in discussions at this point, so there's nothing concrete to share at this time.
I think Bodrin means he would like some fixes/updates to d20. Their is a good number of outstanding bugs that are 1+ years old. Of course official 3.5 support for all the extra books would be great but at this point just some fixes would be awesome!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I think Bodrin means he would like some fixes/updates to d20. Their is a good number of outstanding bugs that are 1+ years old. Of course official 3.5 support for all the extra books would be great but at this point just some fixes would be awesome!
Yep just some bug fixes / updates, maybe some pathfinder datafile style macro implementation for easier coding would be spiffing.

I'm in no way suggesting deviating from the SRD at all although "EPIC" is still part of the SRD.

Dormio Forte Somnio

d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets

bodrin is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old August 28th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
I haven mentioned it a few times via Twitter but have not gotten a response. I even asked during a live Q&A stream and they ignored me. Having one generator for most of these systems would be a great advantage.
karpomatic is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 28th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Something to remember as well, is that the 3.5 files are created by the community for the community. So people are taking their own time to provide, manage, and store these files for folks. For the most part LW is out of the picture when it comes to 3.5 books that are not part of the SRD.

That being said, I think the folks involved in the 3.5 community files have done an excellent job and continue to do an excellent job.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 28th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
D&D4e is mostly supported(?) by the DDI downloader.
Maybe something like 65%-75% supported... not any more than that. the rest is being bug fixed by folks who upload data to my site below.

Working on Twilight 2000 4e HL System
cryptoknight is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old August 28th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
Maybe something like 65%-75% supported... not any more than that. the rest is being bug fixed by folks who upload data to my site below.
I never bothered with D&D4e. So I presumed the DDI downloader was fully supported. Thanks for the clarification.

Dormio Forte Somnio

d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets

bodrin is offline   #10 Reply With Quote