Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Website Support > Website Problems, Comments and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pylar

Old May 8th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Ok, well after reading the forums I don't feel so bad that I am the only one who entered an incorrect e-mail on their website to receive the license key for their Army Builder purchase. I am how ever disappointed that it has been 24 hours since my e-mail to product support and have not gotten anything back from this company. In fact I called yesterday after I realized my mistake and actually got someone on the phone. The person told me that 'He didn't have time to help me cause he was busy' That is just unacceptable in my book. I work hard for the money that I earn, and when I decided to spend it with a company it is only right to expect my goods in return. Not some story from someone that is just too busy to help. I have now left multiple message on their machine, and still nothing. What kind of business is this?? I am active at several different gaming stores in my area. Many of which are GW vendors. I certainly will let every player I know just how difficult it is to work with Lone Wolf. I know it's only a 40 dollar purchase, but with out your customers you wouldn't be in business.
Pylar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nan

Old May 8th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I am sorry for your dissatisfaction. I believe that a 24 hour turn-
around time for a support question is not a sign of bad service. We
work very hard at trying to keep a very high level of customer
service. I have already corrected the email address mistake and have
sent your license material to you through email, hopefully you have
already received it. If you have any more questions, please reply to
me directly and I will gladly assist you in any way that I can.

Nancy
LWD Sales/Support

On May 8, 2008, at 3:06 PM, Pylar wrote:
> Ok, well after reading the forums I don't feel so bad that I am the
> only one who entered an incorrect e-mail on their website to receive
> the license key for their Army Builder purchase. I am how ever
> disappointed that it has been 24 hours since my e-mail to product
> support and have not gotten anything back from this company. In fact
> I called yesterday after I realized my mistake and actually got
> someone on the phone. The person told me that 'He didn't have time
> to help me cause he was busy' That is just unacceptable in my book.
> I work hard for the money that I earn, and when I decided to spend
> it with a company it is only right to expect my goods in return. Not
> some story from someone that is just too busy to help. I have now
> left multiple message on their machine, and still nothing. What kind
> of business is this?? I am active at several different gaming stores
> in my area. Many of which are GW vendors. I certainly will let every
> player I know just how difficult it is to work with Lone Wolf. I
> know it's only a 40 dollar purchase, but with out your customers you
> wouldn't be in business.
>
>
>
>
>
Nan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 12th, 2008, 10:48 AM
At 03:06 PM 5/8/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Ok, well after reading the forums I don't feel so bad that I am the only one who entered an incorrect e-mail on their website to receive the license key for their Army Builder purchase. I am how ever disappointed that it has been 24 hours since my e-mail to product support and have not gotten anything back from this company. In fact I called yesterday after I realized my mistake and actually got someone on the phone. The person told me that 'He didn't have time to help me cause he was busy' That is just unacceptable in my book. I work hard for the money that I earn, and when I decided to spend it with a company it is only right to expect my goods in return. Not some story from someone that is just too busy to help. I have now left multiple message on their machine, and still nothing. What kind of business is this?? I am active at several different gaming stores in my area. Many of which are GW vendors. I certainly will let every player I know just how difficult it is to work with Lone Wolf. I know it's only a 40 dollar purchase, but with out your customers you wouldn't be in business.
You are entitled to interpret your experience as you wish, but I have to take exception to your portrayal of what actually happened. I'm the person who "didn't have time to help cause he was busy". In point of fact, I explained to you the situation over the phone. I was already on the phone dealing with another urgent issue when you called, and put that person on hold for the sole purpose of taking a message from you that could be routed to the correct person on our end. I informed you that the person normally responsible for what you needed was out of the office. I was personally scrambling to wrap up a number of critical matters before catching a plane. I apologized for not being able to correct your ordering mistake due to already being on the phone to deal with another important matter. However, it sounds like you believe I should have hung up on that person to fix your problem for you. And it sounds like I should have done this in spite of our standing, published policy that all support issues are handled via email. I informed you that you should receive a reply within the next day, and we did correct the mistake in slightly over 24 hours. Please remember this was *your* mistake and not one that we made.

Now, I wholly understand that you wanted the problem fixed immediately, but next-day response is actually *good* for technical support. We're a tiny company and our support response times are comparable - and often better - than most other software companies. In fact, we regularly get *compliments* from users about the speed and quality of our support. If all of our users would rather spend $60 for the product, then we could afford to have someone here all the time to answer questions like yours. We determined that the majority of our users would prefer saving that money so they can spend it on more minis, paints, or whatever. You appear to be among the minority who would rather have it the other way. Sadly, we have to choose a single, consistent approach and therefore can't make everyone happy.

Contrary to your implication above, we delivered your "goods" exactly as was promised - and we did it immediately. Upon completion of the order, we issued your product license to the email address *you* provided. We also took steps to help avoid the error you made. As a safeguard, the online ordering process presents a confirmation page where you are asked to verify all the information you have entered before finalizing the order. On that page, the email address is specially highlighted and flagged as a critical item to verify. I'm not sure what more we could do to avoid this sort of problem. Perhaps you have suggestions for how we could improve the ordering process so that users such as yourself would properly verify their email address before submitting their order. If so, we'd love to hear them, as it would avoid problems like this in the future.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote