Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MagickalMemories

Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:01 PM
I just purchased a copy of AB from an online retailer.
I've been searching the site to see if it is possible to do what I want to, but I can't seem to find the answer (though signs seem to point to "No."

I want to put the software on a second computer that I will have in my game room. It's a little bit of an older model and the Modem (Yes. Modem. LOL) is trashed. Aside from that, it meets the minimum requirements to run AB.

It will have no way of accessing the internet. It will be strictly for gaming related stuff (mostly 40K). Any new files would be transferred via floppy, if possible, or a burned CD.

Is there ANY way of getting the software activated on the computer with no internet access?

Thanks!
Eric
MagickalMemories is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2008, 02:39 PM
I don't know about the internet access part, but getting your second license is simply a matter of going to the license menu in AB and then click "Obtain Secondary License".
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 21st, 2008, 06:32 PM
At 02:01 PM 9/2/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Is there ANY way of getting the software activated on the computer with no internet access?
Sorry for taking forever to get back to you on this. I've been unable to work much at all for the past 3 weeks due to a major neck problem, and I'm just *way* behind on everything.

You *can* activate a license on a computer without direct internet access. You need to use the option for "Manual License Activation". This will allow you to complete the process by copying files back and forth with a computer that does have internet access. The wizard should walk you through the process, and you'll find details on how this works within the user manual.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote