Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sendric

Old February 24th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
I really think that is a waste.

Why not do as I suggest?
Update the feat as printed in the newer book.
Tag the feat as available in both sources.
Done.
Maybe I was confused. I originally said the easiest thing to do was modify the original and it sounded as if you were suggesting something else.
Sendric is online now   #11 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 24th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Maybe I was confused. I originally said the easiest thing to do was modify the original and it sounded as if you were suggesting something else.
Sorry, no I was suggesting changing the original to display the text of the new one and tagging both as sources. If I misspoke I'm sorry.
risner is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 24th, 2011, 10:23 AM
No worries, Risner.

I've updated all the Feats files to remove the book name from the name of the feat. Shadow, do you want me to drop them into dropbox?
Sendric is online now   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 24th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Shadow, do you want me to drop them into dropbox?
Yep if they are reading for testing and stuff drop them in. Just an FYI Lawful_G is going to be helping out with the testing this time so I don't slow things down so much.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 24th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Ok. Done. Glad you'll be getting some help. One person shouldn't have to do all the work.

As for the CPsi feats, and Deep Vision in particular, I won't provide an updated RoS file until I manage to complete the CPsi - Feats file. I'd rather do it all at once just to keep things straight in my head. Plus, there may be other over-lapping feats that I haven't discovered yet.
Sendric is online now   #15 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old February 24th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
No worries, Risner.

I've updated all the Feats files to remove the book name from the name of the feat. Shadow, do you want me to drop them into dropbox?
That was quick i've just got home from work and had noticed that 33 files were updated.

A quick look through the feats list and i've spotted Ccha and CArc names at the side of some feats plus RotW next to a 4 Races.

Too late for me to start editing now got work in 5 hours again 00:24 at the moment in UK i'll look into it when i have time unless it's been corrected before i manage it!

Also MIC - Specific Weapons has been deposited in Dropbox ready for testing.
bodrin is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 25th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
A quick look through the feats list and i've spotted Ccha and CArc names at the side of some feats plus RotW next to a 4 Races
Thanks for catching this. I did only the files named [book] - Feats.user, and ignored the two compiled files (CArc and CCha).

Also note, I only did feats. Do we also want to remove this information from spell names, race names, etc? I can do those as well.

As a side note, I find it odd that there is a Complete Arcane compile file, but there are also 6 other CArc files.

Last edited by Sendric; February 25th, 2011 at 04:36 AM.
Sendric is online now   #17 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 25th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Well, here's an interesting wrinkle. I came across the spell 'Telepathic Bond, Lesser' while working on this. Originally, this spell was published in the Expanded Psionics Handbook. It was re-published in the Spell Compendium. In the user files, the SC version is named with an (SC) at the end, which I will remove, but it doesn't use "replace id" to remove the original. This is easy enough to fix, but what's really interesting is that the version in SC isn't a Cleric spell whereas the original is. Any thoughts on what we want to do about that, if anything?
Sendric is online now   #18 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 25th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Any thoughts on what we want to do about that, if anything?
Well the SC version is still sort of a cleric spell as it is attached to the Mind domain. Which makes sense actually. The SC is suppose to be the authority on the spells so I would say make it match the SC version and Source mark it then to both books.

If someone else disagrees they can then do a Replace ID and make it work how they wish. I think we should go as RAW as possible and use any latest Errata rules also.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 25th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Quote:
what's really interesting is that the version in SC isn't a Cleric spell whereas the original is. Any thoughts on what we want to do about that, if anything?
I've read forums about this type of stuff before. There were some forgotten realm spells that used to be for all casters. They were updated in a newer book to explicitly remove them from the classes. In some of these threads, they mention classes that were not the defaults and mentioned a newer printing that doesn't contain strange classes doesn't mean the spells were removed from those class spell lists.

So, in my view the spell is no longer on the Cleric spell list and the newer SC one should replaceid the XPH one if it comes from Lonewolf or just remove the XPH one if we supply both.
risner is offline   #20 Reply With Quote