Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Perverseness

Old January 10th, 2014, 09:31 AM
For those of us who do not have the program, what kind of specs are we looking at in order to maximize realmworks's potential. I would like to pick up a laptop to work with it on as my rig is no where near mobile, and I can't afford to over buy by to much. as a relational database would loading it on an ssd or in a ram drive help and is it small enough to allow for something like this? Oh and LFSeeney if you are reading this "HOWDY FROM TEXAS y'all!".
Perverseness is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old January 10th, 2014, 10:15 AM
I have a pretty simple (albeit rather new) laptop. Lenovo AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.4GHz. 8G RAM, 64Bit Windows 8. A basic stock $380 machine from Best Buy that I use for tabletop prep/play and house data needs. RealmWorks runs pretty smoothly for me, though I hear from people with large realms that there is some slowdown with more content.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Fox Lee

Old January 10th, 2014, 02:32 PM
I'm running Windows 7 on a HP Folio13 800-TU with a 1.6GHz i5 processor, 4GB RAM and no discreet graphics card (I would talk about price, but I'm pretty sure there's no point since you're in Texas and I'm in Australia ). But the only time RW has given me grief is when I'm handling reveals/masks on large smart images. Aside from that it's been fine.

Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
Invincible Ink - Original indie tabletop games on demand
The Square Fireball - Where it's 4th Edition Forever
Skies of Escarnum - Inclusive anime-flavoured 4e campaign world
HeroLab 4e patch contributor
Fox Lee is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 10th, 2014, 05:07 PM
I run RW on a laptop at my game on a 7yr old Dell running Win7. It has a duel core processor and about 2gigs of memory. Realm Works seems to work just fine. Maybe the occasional page takes a second to load but that's about it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old January 10th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I would recommend something with a better resolution than 1280 x 800 which is what I am running realm works on.

It could use more space on the screen. It is usable at this lower resolution, but I'd go higher res if I had a choice

Besides that most laptops should be able to cope with it as it rarely seems to take more than 300 MB in memory while running.

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
Author of Realms Works Guides
Blog writer at thedarkelf007.home.blog/
thedarkelf007 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote