Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Silveras

Old February 11th, 2017, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The data files we did are for RAZOR COAST - not the Lost Lands nor anything else FGG has created. We certainly aren't recreating everything from FGG. The files from us are independent of everything else that FGG has done, so I'm not aware of any reason why they can't be used together. There may be a few things duplicated between the two sets of data files (I honestly don't know), but they are independent of each other, so they should co-exist - so you to choose which version you want of something that happens to be duplicated. As such, I believe your concerns are non-applicable to the actual situation.
Actually, both the new integrated Razor Coast files and the older ones, as well as the other Lost Lands support files, share the same Frog God Games parent in the source configuration list. (See attachment)

And Razor Coast is part of the overall Lost Lands setting from Frog God Games, although it can also be used independently in a different setting. It does not have the "Lost Lands - " text prefixed to its name, but it also predates the formal publication of the overall Lost Lands setting.. so that may or may not mean anything.

EDIT: As for choosing which version.. that would be good if I had access to both. Having paid for the Razor Coast files once, though the kickstarter, I am not eager to do it again.. which I would have to do in order to use the versions included now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HeroLab FGG.jpg (195.5 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Silveras; February 11th, 2017 at 05:48 PM.
Silveras is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 11th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
This should be where RW beats PDF's. You buy a setting and it includes the HL file(s) for that setting. Somewhere during the import process you get a popup saying something like "Realm Works has detected that you have HeroLabs installed including the Pathfinder game System. This Realm includes a HeroLab source file to allow for character creation using the customizations appropriate for this setting. Would you like to install this now?"
The issue here, though, is that people who backed several kickstarters from Frog God Games, as well as the Realm Works kickstarter.. cannot use the rewards from those kickstarters (or purchased from Frog God Games after the kickstarters) as anticipated.

Also, that doesn't help the people who already have the files installed, but which are not used.

Ideally, FGG would be looking to negotiate moving ALL of their HeroLab content into delivery through HeroLab (as some other publishers have done). That would help the maintenance issue.

Then the problem would be what to do about people who have already purchased the now-obsolete files (like me).
Silveras is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 11th, 2017, 06:55 PM
I understand the current issue.

What I'm saying is that RW should provide an integrated solution.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2017, 01:00 AM
Quick note: The Hero Lab team is working on a solution for opening an HL portfolio when you have multiple instances/configurations of a particular game system. The goal is to have that implemented in one of the next two HL updates.
rob is offline   #14 Reply With Quote