Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

Fox Lee

Old January 18th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Not disagreeing with you there - I guess I just find it easier to tackle a class, since it's a big but well-defined entity attached to a good feeling of completion? YMMV.

(It seems much Heroes of Shadow data IS in fact missing from scraped stuff, not just un-implemented. OTOH, I've already done the Blackguard and I'm most of the way through the vampire, so... could be worse?)

In any case, whether we start with classes or not, the document can be used to note other things which are missing or need patching too. Wherever people want to start work, it seems that something like this would be helpful.

Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
Invincible Ink - Original indie tabletop games on demand
The Square Fireball - Where it's 4th Edition Forever
Skies of Escarnum - Inclusive anime-flavoured 4e campaign world
HeroLab 4e patch contributor

Last edited by Fox Lee; January 18th, 2017 at 04:08 PM.
Fox Lee is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old January 25th, 2017, 03:32 PM
At the top of my personal Missing list is an Adjustment for All Attacks.
There are so many things in 4e that do a conditional or temporary bonus or penalty on all attacks, and the only way I have to track them currently is to put a Temporary Adjustment on the Weapon or Power (there isn't even one for Implements) that I'm currently/about to use and try and remember to change it every round (because I like to use the Powers panel for reference instead of endlessly switching between the In-Play and Specials tabs).

(For that matter, it there a way to put a general attack bonus into a Power? If I could do that, I could automate Dragonborn Rage.)

An Adjustment for all non-AC Defenses would be nice for the same reason, but at least there's only three of those to adjust individually as opposed to a plethora of Powers.

(While I'm wishing, it would be nice if the box about not needing the downloader anymore would go away, but that's just crazy talk. )

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Frydaddy

Old February 2nd, 2017, 05:53 PM
Hey guys. Just joined this forum specifically to get in on this thread. I use herolab all the time for D&D and have noticed quite a few bugs over the last year or so.

I don't know if you would classify this as "missing" or not but here goes.
I can't find a way to equip a pixie psion with any weapons. They are classified as"tiny" but follow the same rules as a small character when it comes to weapons. If I purchase any melee/ranged weapon, I cannot select it to put it in my hand on the special tab. It just shows "No Selection [M]" in the drop down. Also in the Armory tab, it just shows a greyed out weapon, for instance "Dagger [M]".
I get the feeling it's because the weapon is medium, but the character is only allowed to equip a small weapon. Who knows? Anyway, this is the only time I have ever seen this strange [M] text.

Please add weapons sizing for tiny characters.

-Frydaddy
Frydaddy is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old February 13th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Thanks for everyones help in building a to-do list.
I really like the idea of classes and what needs to be done. I also like the idea of having a bug list, would people be willing to fill out a Google Form that explains a problem? the form will auto make a spreadsheet that we can all look at and then we can figure out who/whom is willing to work on fixes. I can make the form and share a link and the spreadsheet link on here. As always I know that everyone is BUSY and that this is our "hobby" I am still in the rough ends of my job until June probably but I would love to see all of 4E up running and make everyone happy to use it.

Thanks for taking your time to help... I would make a list for people to Volunteer what they can do to help as well that way we can focus people to correct tasks and be more effective.

okay I just had a few min to pop in and say hey all

So Hey ALL keep up the hard work.

Sean
SAbel is offline   #14 Reply With Quote