Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

SAbel

Old February 12th, 2016, 08:55 PM
I just need to vent so take this post for what its worth
This has happened to me in the past but the only thing I have done was run updates to the systems.
After they finished 2 savage worlds still show that they need to update even thought they correctly installed and now all my data sets say HL is running in demo mode. I am just about to start a new D&D4E game tomorrow with 3 new players and SMACK I dont have a character management system so MAD. I know LW will fix it its just life has been kicking me and this is just another smack in my face.
Hopefully someone is working the weekend and I can get this fixed before people show up at my house.
SAbel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 13th, 2016, 08:24 AM
The most common reasons is those running Beta Builds of Windows 10 (ie Fast Track). Or if you have used the same license on two different machines.

If you have 'never' used your free secondary license you can use that to get up and running again. Go to "License->Obtain Secondary License".

Unfortunately LW is a small company and does not have weekend support.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Prof.Dogg

Old February 13th, 2016, 02:59 PM
I switched to a new PC back in November and installed the software. I noticed it then, sent in my reassignment request, but promptly forgot to follow up until January because I wasn't running nay games over the holidays. I then have gone back at least three more times since January and have yet to have had the license transferred. I love HL but I'm getting a bit shy of giving them any more money if I can't use their product.
Prof.Dogg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 13th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Dogg View Post
I switched to a new PC back in November and installed the software. I noticed it then, sent in my reassignment request, but promptly forgot to follow up until January because I wasn't running nay games over the holidays. I then have gone back at least three more times since January and have yet to have had the license transferred. I love HL but I'm getting a bit shy of giving them any more money if I can't use their product.
Talk to support (support@wolflair.com). There's something non-standard about your setup if you're having to get your license re-assigned this often.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 16th, 2016, 07:48 AM
@SAbel, it looks like Dave got you back up and running the same night that you submitted your license reassignment (yay Dave!)

@Prof.Dogg, I checked our records and the first communication I can find from you is the email you submitted this weekend. We always respond to users, so now that we have this email, we'll get back to you soon!
liz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote