Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 8th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
Shadow,

I had several uncommitted changes for Ultimate Psioncs that I have in my dev folder. You know of any way to preserve those before upgrading to the latest packs?
Your best bet would be to copy the files out of your data\pathfinder folder to your desktop before downloading the latest version of the Pack. Then you would have to manually re-apply those changes to the downloaded files.

I guess I have to ask why you made changes but didn't commit them?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #491 Reply With Quote
tenro

Old September 8th, 2015, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Are you trying to just use the 3PP or you want to actually be an editor and able to make source code changes to the Repository?

If you just want to use a Pack like a regular user all you need to do is follow the very simple setup in THIS post. GitHub is a source code repository designed to make programming/code changes with other people. People are allowed to get access to if they want to test out Beta versions of the software but its not recommend. To actually make changes to the code you would need to be authorized.
I just want to be a regular user. As I said before, the great things you have done are beyond my ability, I'm sure I'd just screw something up worse if I tried to do dev stuff.

Good news, however, is that the recent update you posted seems to have wholly fixed my issue. I am able to load the packs I want and use them to access gestalt, POW and psionic elements.

In making a character, I noticed a discrepancy I cannot determine the cause of. I could email you the .por file if you are interested, but the basic thing I noticed was that HL was saying my attack modifier was +10, but when i hovered over that (because it seemed low), the popup said 7 BAB, 5 STR, +2 weapon, which equals +14 to hit. Not sure why it would say that, unless it was considering me non-proficient in bastard sword (even though I was using it two-handed with martial weapon proficiency and it didn't list a -4 non-proficiency modifier).

Also, for Battle Templar it appears to consider the maneuvers separately instead of adding them to the others, so as a Level 2 Battle Templar it says (0 of 0 readied) even though the number of known/readied maneuvers is supposed to add to your previous class. Not really a big deal since it is an easy fix (just ready "too many" maneuvers under Battle Templar and "too few" maneuvers under the previous class).

Once again, thank you for your recent update.
tenro is offline   #492 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old September 8th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Your best bet would be to copy the files out of your data\pathfinder folder to your desktop before downloading the latest version of the Pack. Then you would have to manually re-apply those changes to the downloaded files.

I guess I have to ask why you made changes but didn't commit them?
I wasn't finished with the changes. Is there any way for me to commit my changes and have you apply them to the newer set?

I opened up the classes - user file and was able to copy/paste my additions to another file, so It looks like I can preserve them and commit them to the next batch.

Last edited by Quintain; September 8th, 2015 at 09:29 PM.
Quintain is offline   #493 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 8th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenro View Post
Also, for Battle Templar it appears to consider the maneuvers separately instead of adding them to the others, so as a Level 2 Battle Templar it says (0 of 0 readied) even though the number of known/readied maneuvers is supposed to add to your previous class. Not really a big deal since it is an easy fix (just ready "too many" maneuvers under Battle Templar and "too few" maneuvers under the previous class).
Hi tenro, I did a lot of the Path of War content, the Battle Templar included.

The reason I list PrC maneuvers separately is because they often have their own discipline restrictions for maneuvers gained, separately from whatever other initiating classes the character has. For instance, the Battle Templar can only take maneuvers from Golden Lion plus two others of the player's choice. So if you picked, say, Iron Tortoise and Steel Serpent, you can't take a Thrashing Dragon maneuver from a Battle Templar level, even if one of your other classes had access to it.

If I wanted to add the PrC's maneuvers to that of a previous class, I'd have to enforce multiple sets of discipline restrictions within the same maneuver list. That's not impossible, but it would be really difficult and time-consuming, and the result would likely be very buggy and prone to errors. In fact, just thinking about it makes my brain want to slither out of one ear and go to Coldstone Creamery - and I can't afford to keep buying all those extra toppings that thing always wants.
TheIronGolem is offline   #494 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 8th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Quote:
I just want to be a regular user. As I said before, the great things you have done are beyond my ability, I'm sure I'd just screw something up worse if I tried to do dev stuff.
Ok I got confused because you referenced a post about GitHub and an error that should ONLY happen if trying to use GitHub. So why I was all confused.

After thinking about I can figure/guess what happened. If you installed 3PP Pack and the Basic Pack on a Windows/Mac machine and then uninstalled the Basic Pack it would have caused that error.

If you go uninstalling Basic Packs from a Windows/Mac (not iPad) you need to reinstall any other packs again. Why? Its just the way that the desktop version of HL works.

By downloading the latest 3PP Pack it would have reinstalled the latest Basic Pack also and it would then work again.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #495 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 8th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
I wasn't finished with the changes. Is there any way for me to commit my changes and have you apply them to the newer set?

I opened up the classes - user file and was able to copy/paste my additions to another file, so It looks like I can preserve them and commit them to the next batch.
Taking this conversation to the Pathfinder Community Standards.... thread in the "User Projects" forum. I don't want to cause confusion by having Editor topics in with the regular issues/questions of gamers.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #496 Reply With Quote
tenro

Old September 8th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Hi tenro, I did a lot of the Path of War content, the Battle Templar included.

The reason I list PrC maneuvers separately is because they often have their own discipline restrictions for maneuvers gained, separately from whatever other initiating classes the character has. For instance, the Battle Templar can only take maneuvers from Golden Lion plus two others of the player's choice. So if you picked, say, Iron Tortoise and Steel Serpent, you can't take a Thrashing Dragon maneuver from a Battle Templar level, even if one of your other classes had access to it.

If I wanted to add the PrC's maneuvers to that of a previous class, I'd have to enforce multiple sets of discipline restrictions within the same maneuver list. That's not impossible, but it would be really difficult and time-consuming, and the result would likely be very buggy and prone to errors. In fact, just thinking about it makes my brain want to slither out of one ear and go to Coldstone Creamery - and I can't afford to keep buying all those extra toppings that thing always wants.
Hah! I do love that place, though dairy products don't agree with me! (Praise be to lactaid)

Thanks for the explanation, and all the work you did to make it easier for me to build a POW character. Maybe in the next update an option under the Adjustments tab could let us increase our readied maneuver total? Or should i just give the character the Extra Readied Maneuver bonus feat under adjustments? I suppose that would be easier.
tenro is offline   #497 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 9th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Quote:
In making a character, I noticed a discrepancy I cannot determine the cause of. I could email you the .por file if you are interested, but the basic thing I noticed was that HL was saying my attack modifier was +10, but when i hovered over that (because it seemed low), the popup said 7 BAB, 5 STR, +2 weapon, which equals +14 to hit. Not sure why it would say that, unless it was considering me non-proficient in bastard sword (even though I was using it two-handed with martial weapon proficiency and it didn't list a -4 non-proficiency modifier).
I would really need to see the .por file or gather ALLOT more data to find the cause. Is this from a 3PP class or a core HL class? The easiest method would be to attach/post your .por file for me to look at. So many things affect values on a character it could be any number of things. Are you wearing armor you are not proficient with? Are you encumbered?

Quote:
Maybe in the next update an option under the Adjustments tab could let us increase our readied maneuver total?
I will look tonight but I think the Generic adjustments under 'ShadowChemosh Adjustments' can now do this.

Quote:
Or should i just give the character the Extra Readied Maneuver bonus feat under adjustments? I suppose that would be easier.
This would be a good way to do it otherwise.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #498 Reply With Quote
tenro

Old September 9th, 2015, 08:16 PM
I have attached the .por to this post
Attached Files
File Type: email Sir John the Black.por (78.0 KB, 2 views)
tenro is offline   #499 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 9th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Quote:
I have attached the .por to this post
So your two-weapon fighting with a greatsword a a "armament shield bash". HL is giving the main hand a -4 penalty and the off-hand a -8 penalty which matches exactly to the two-weapon fighting rules.

Your using a greatsword in your primary hand and light weapon (ie armament shield bash) in your off hands. This is from the Warder class. The values are looking right to me.

I am not expert with some of these 3PP classes is there an ability or something that you have that should be lowering the TWF penalties?

In addition I checked and you can use the adjustment "Configurable: Table One" to give yourself more maneuvers. Just pick the Maneuver "tab" from the drop down. To allow more stances use the "Configurable: Table Two" adjustment instead.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #500 Reply With Quote