Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Romulus68

Old July 17th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Just uploaded this set and I need some coding help.

Please see the download for details and thank you in advance!!

Romulus
Romulus68 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
b0ksah

Old July 18th, 2008, 01:08 AM
I'll get the book today ... so I'll see if I can fix the issues you descripe. I can also post after Im done how I did it .. if you are interested?

b0ksah is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old July 18th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ksah
I'll get the book today ... so I'll see if I can fix the issues you descripe. I can also post after Im done how I did it .. if you are interested?

That would be great!!

I'll go back and look at your work as well. Once I see how you did it that will teach me for the future.

Thank you!
Romulus68 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old July 18th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Also, does the new Errata let the Battle Standard Bearers use Extra hand weapons, shield and great weapons now? If so, that needs added as well.

If you get the hard coding done then I'll go back and make the item descriptions more concise and verbose.

Again, I greatly appreciate the coding help!
Romulus68 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
b0ksah

Old July 19th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Sorry .. haven't had the time to look on the DE files as yet .. have been working on the Daemonic one and the Vampire one

But some hits ... look at my new daemonic files ... under furies you should find a way to do the "dont counts toward core"

And in the Vampire you'll find more ... When in doubt just ask youself ... are there an army that already have this rule? if yes .. then you proberly find the code for the rule in their *.dat file ... that's how I learned
b0ksah is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old July 19th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ksah
Sorry .. haven't had the time to look on the DE files as yet .. have been working on the Daemonic one and the Vampire one

But some hits ... look at my new daemonic files ... under furies you should find a way to do the "dont counts toward core"

And in the Vampire you'll find more ... When in doubt just ask youself ... are there an army that already have this rule? if yes .. then you proberly find the code for the rule in their *.dat file ... that's how I learned
That's what I've been doing and about to do now that you gave me some good places to look.

Added a new upload with the Warhammer.def file, so you can load it correctly.

Thank you!!
Romulus68 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old July 19th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Version 1.5 is up and I actually fixed almost everything!!

See Downloads section.
Romulus68 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Melinia

Old July 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM
This is based off of 1.5. With any luck, you'll have already caught most of this by the time I finish posting it, but who knows...

Dreadlord -

Cold One Mount - 30 points
Cold One Chariot - 90 points
Manticore - should not take a Hero slot when used as a mount for Lord characters (i.e. Dreadlord, Supreme Sorceress, and Hellebron)

Supreme Sorceress

Manticore - See Dreadlord Entry
The Sect Enmity Rule no longer exists.
Dark Elf Sorceresses can use as many power dice to cast a spell as they wish.

Death Hag

Extra Hand Weapon - The Death Hag comes with two hand weapons, and does not need to pay extra for the second weapon (and in fact must take the second weapon)
Witches Brew - This is not being counted against the limit of Temple of Khaine items

Master

Missing the option to take a Beastmaster's Scourge
Cold One - Should be 20 points
Cold One Chariot - Should be 90 points

Sorceress

Beastmaster

This is now the name of the two models that accompany the War Hydra, and is no longer available as a seperate model. The entry in the Common section of the army list should be removed.

Corsairs

Reaver (Champion) - There's some discussion on this on Druchii.net, but I believe the Reaver should be able to take two Repeating Hand Bows in addition to his two melee weapons according to the rules as written. The list currently doesn't allow that.

Repeater Crossbowmen

Guardsman (Champion) - Currently shows a cost of 5 (which is what he should cost), but selecting him actually costs you 9 points.

Harpies

Should have a maximum unit size of 10.
Should have M5, BS0, and I5.

Black Guard

The entry for Black Guard in the list shows a minimum size of 10 models instead of 5 (adding a unit will correctly add 5 however).
Black Guard should have a maximum unit size of 20 models.
You can now add as many Black Guard units to your army as you wish. The 1.5 list only allows you to add 1.
Tower Master currently costs 13 points, and should cost 14.
Magic Banner - Should only be able to select a magic banner of up to 50 points.
Kouran - Should have the Armor of Grief

Executioners

The entry for Executioners in the list shows a minimum size of 10 models instead of 5 (adding a unit will correctly add 5 however).
Tullaris - Gets the "Sacred Slaughterer" rule; should have I5 and not I6

Shades

Bloodshade - The cost of weapon upgrades to the unit of Shades currently does not take into account a Bloodshade (if you have one). The Bloodshade can take a different weapon upgrade from the one the unit took (which the list should not allow), and the upgrade is free (which it should not be).

Witch Elves

Hag - Should be WS4
Unit can currently take a magic standard of up to 50 points; should be limited to 25

War Hydra

The former "Apprentices" are now "Beastmasters"
The Beastmasters are armed with a Beastmaster's Scourge (Hand Weapon, Armor Piercing) and a Hand Weapon
Hydra should have WS4 and W5
The reference to p.13 of the Dark Elf book is outdated. Instead the reference should be to p. 67 of the Basic Rule Book.
For the Beastmasters, you may want to include a reference to the Beastmaster rule on p. 58 of the Dark Elf book.

Manticore

Should have the Uncontrollable (see the special rules for the Manticore) and the Killing Blow special rules.

I hope this all helps.
Melinia is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old July 20th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinia
This is based off of 1.5. With any luck, you'll have already caught most of this by the time I finish posting it, but who knows...

Dreadlord -

Cold One Chariot - 90 points
Manticore - should not take a Hero slot when used as a mount for Lord characters (i.e. Dreadlord, Supreme Sorceress, and Hellebron)

Supreme Sorceress

Manticore - See Dreadlord Entry

Death Hag

Extra Hand Weapon - The Death Hag comes with two hand weapons, and does not need to pay extra for the second weapon (and in fact must take the second weapon)
Witches Brew - This is not being counted against the limit of Temple of Khaine items

Master

Missing the option to take a Beastmaster's Scourge
Cold One Chariot - Should be 90 points

Sorceress

Beastmaster

This is now the name of the two models that accompany the War Hydra, and is no longer available as a seperate model. The entry in the Common section of the army list should be removed.

Corsairs

Reaver (Champion) - There's some discussion on this on Druchii.net, but I believe the Reaver should be able to take two Repeating Hand Bows in addition to his two melee weapons according to the rules as written. The list currently doesn't allow that.

Repeater Crossbowmen

Guardsman (Champion) - Currently shows a cost of 5 (which is what he should cost), but selecting him actually costs you 9 points.

Harpies

Should have a maximum unit size of 10.
Should have M5, BS0, and I5.

Black Guard

The entry for Black Guard in the list shows a minimum size of 10 models instead of 5 (adding a unit will correctly add 5 however).
Black Guard should have a maximum unit size of 20 models.
You can now add as many Black Guard units to your army as you wish. The 1.5 list only allows you to add 1.
Tower Master currently costs 13 points, and should cost 14.
Magic Banner - Should only be able to select a magic banner of up to 50 points.
Kouran - Should have the Armor of Grief

Executioners

The entry for Executioners in the list shows a minimum size of 10 models instead of 5 (adding a unit will correctly add 5 however).
Tullaris - Gets the "Sacred Slaughterer" rule; should have I5 and not I6

Shades

Bloodshade - The cost of weapon upgrades to the unit of Shades currently does not take into account a Bloodshade (if you have one). The Bloodshade can take a different weapon upgrade from the one the unit took (which the list should not allow), and the upgrade is free (which it should not be).

Witch Elves

Hag - Should be WS4
Unit can currently take a magic standard of up to 50 points; should be limited to 25

War Hydra

The former "Apprentices" are now "Beastmasters"
The Beastmasters are armed with a Beastmaster's Scourge (Hand Weapon, Armor Piercing) and a Hand Weapon
Hydra should have WS4 and W5
The reference to p.13 of the Dark Elf book is outdated. Instead the reference should be to p. 67 of the Basic Rule Book.
For the Beastmasters, you may want to include a reference to the Beastmaster rule on p. 58 of the Dark Elf book.

Manticore

Should have the Uncontrollable (see the special rules for the Manticore) and the Killing Blow special rules.

I hope this all helps.
Thank you!!

and Fixed!!

Fixes:
1. Many fixes. Thank you Melina!
2. Special Characters still not done.

Issues:
1. I need a proof reading pass on Points, Stats and options.

We need to make sure each unit/character has all the options available to them, verify the points are correct and check everything's stat line for accuracy.

Romulus68 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Melinia

Old July 20th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I tried to run 1.6 and got an error. Apparently the tag "3slash4" is not defined, and Army Builder is unable to run as a result.
Melinia is offline   #10 Reply With Quote