Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Redjack

Old March 25th, 2015, 06:53 AM
So I went to create a relationship between two objects and noticed that there is a tab called "Articles" along the side. I clicked on it and see a plethora of object classes... but cannot figure out where to add a new article at.

Is this an Easter Egg or am I just not seeing the forest for all the electronic trees?
Redjack is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 25th, 2015, 08:38 AM
You can create topics as Articles rather than in the Story or World Almanacs.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Redjack

Old March 25th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Appreciate the post, but that was still a little cryptic.

I've discovered several ways to create an "article".
1) When I create a contained topic, I click on the icon in the upper right corner and there are options to create as a "Story Topic", "World Topic" "Plot", "Article", or "User Note".
2) From the "Create New Content Dialog", once you select the "Articles" tab, you can add an article there.

Once linked as a Contained Topic or a Relationship, you can go to it and edit it.
Redjack is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Redjack

Old March 25th, 2015, 08:46 AM
And articles can be found under the "Home" menu, but they are listed as "Mechanics Reference"...
Redjack is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Redjack

Old March 25th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
1) When I create a contained topic, I click on the icon in the upper right corner and there are options to create as a "Story Topic", "World Topic" "Plot", "Article", or "User Note".
This one is a 'feature'... you can tell a topic to create an article as a contained topic and it will create the article, but it will not be contained.
Redjack is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 25th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Ah sorry. There was a change of name since the beta.

The "Mechanics Reference" contains Articles, whereas the Story and World Almanac contain Topics.

It is not possible to have the "contained in" arrangement between the Articles in the Mechanics Reference and the Topics in the Story/World Almanacs. Although I think it IS possible to do it between the Story Almanac and World Almanac.

If you look on the "Manage" ribbon and select "Categories" then you will see the Topic categories (for Story/World Almanacs) and the Article categories for use in the Mechanics Reference.

You can add a new article to one of the "Mechanics Reference" section in the same way that you add topics to the Almanacs.
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 27th, 2015, 12:32 PM
You can also use <ctrl+Q> to create any top-level content element from just about anywhere, including articles.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote