Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Galahan

Old October 19th, 2015, 09:18 AM
After the last updates (now build 204) the software crashes when I try to save a topic containing pasted text from the copied from a web page (for example, a statblock copied from http://www.archivesofnethys.com/ or http://www.d20pfsrd.com/).

The crash occurs even after I changed the font, the size, line spacing and colors.

I sent a bug report.

Does anyone else have this same problem?
Galahan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old October 19th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Is it copying HTML code from the Websites?

Could be a peculiarity of how RW handles text in snippets but stores them as HTML.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Galahan

Old October 19th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Is it copying HTML code from the Websites?

Could be a peculiarity of how RW handles text in snippets but stores them as HTML.
It's just a copy paste directly from the web page (as it is shown in the browser). I did not get the html code. I always did that without problem of crash.

Last edited by Galahan; October 19th, 2015 at 10:40 AM.
Galahan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 19th, 2015, 11:07 AM
HTML is included when you copy from a website in most browsers. What RW does with it is up to it; if you don't want the formatting, do Paste Special/Unformatted Text.

Messing around pasting items copied from these forums made RW crash on me, so there's still some work to do here. :(

Last edited by Parody; October 19th, 2015 at 11:15 AM.
Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Galahan

Old October 19th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
The HTML is included when you copy from a website in most browsers. What RW does with it is up to it; if you don't want HTML, do Paste Special/Unformatted Text.
I want the text formatting as in the web page. It was really easy to get a statblock from the web pages and just to paste. Now, if I want it, I have to get the text stripped of all the formatting to save without a crash.
Galahan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 19th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahan View Post
I want the text formatting as in the web page. It was really easy to get a statblock from the web pages and just to paste. Now, if I want it, I have to get the text stripped of all the formatting to save without a crash.
Welcome to the brave new world of changing how almost all text in the app is formatted. All we can do is report bugs and wait for fixes. :/

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old October 19th, 2015, 11:49 AM
I Have this problem, I have a tremendous amount of web content data archived within RW. I am now working territory by territory to organize this data into snippets and sub topic content (ie village in territory is created as a contained sub topic of the territory topic).

I have had to stop my work as I had 5 or 6 crashes within 45ish minutes. I have put in a bug report and of course the crash reports.

I have not yet updated my RW and tried with this new update.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 19th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
I have not yet updated my RW and tried with this new update.
Make sure you have at least build 203. If not, there are bugs we fixed that could be contributing to this problem.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 19th, 2015, 12:37 PM
For everyone with this bug, please open a support ticket, reference your crashes, and please INCLUDE the full HTML text that you're trying to paste into the product. That will allow us to reproduce exactly the same paste that you are attempting, which will help uncover the problem.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Galahan

Old October 19th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
For everyone with this bug, please open a support ticket, reference your crashes, and please INCLUDE the full HTML text that you're trying to paste into the product. That will allow us to reproduce exactly the same paste that you are attempting, which will help uncover the problem.
I sent an email to support@wolflair.com with the bug report ticket and exemples of the text.

But for the record, one of the texts that were trying to paste the statistical block was taken from this page: http://www.archivesofnethys.com/Mons...arlet%20Walker
Galahan is offline   #10 Reply With Quote