Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

SGatton

Old April 16th, 2016, 07:18 PM
I get that 5e has a cap for ability scores set at 20, and the HL 5eSRD holds that strict. However, if a character's Wisdom was already at 20 due to level increases, racial, etc., and reads a Tome of Understanding the allotted amount of time, its Wisdom maximum and score should increase to 22. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I look, I cannot see anywhere where I can bypass that 20 cap limit.

Am I missing something that is right in front of my face?
SGatton is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old April 20th, 2016, 01:08 PM
This is the eval script I created for the granting of a Boon that grants a stat bonus that goes above 20:

Phase: Pre-Attribute, Priority: 10000

Quote:
~ If we're not enabled, get out now
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)
doneif (field[pChosen].ischosen = 0)

~ Add to our chosen attribute
field[pChosen].chosen.field[aNormMod].value += field[pAdjust].value
field[pChosen].chosen.field[aMaxValue].value += field[pAdjust].value
You could use the same adjustment to add stats from a tome.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 22nd, 2016, 09:15 PM
Just throwing this out there, but you could check under class features in the editor for an official script to use. The Barbarian's capstone 20th level ability, Primal Champion raises the cap to 24 for certain scores, so there should be a script you guys can scavenge from to get an idea of what to do...

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SGatton

Old April 25th, 2016, 07:57 AM
Thanks guys. I just wasn't sure if there was an option built into the system or something that would allow an override, but I'm guessing not.

I'll take a look when I am able to, to figure out how to do what you're saying I need to do.

RavenX: I thought about doing what you suggested and using the Barbarian as a guideline, but I cannot seem to find the appropriate class features .user file for the editor that has the class basic information.
SGatton is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 25th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGatton View Post
I thought about doing what you suggested and using the Barbarian as a guideline, but I cannot seem to find the appropriate class features .user file for the editor that has the class basic information.
Anything provided by LW is not in a .user file. Its in the background skeletal files and can only be found using "New (Copy)".

I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Destroyer203

Old September 10th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Any updates on this? I ran into the same problem. I have a Wizard that gained 4 Intelligence points to a max of 24 due to a Reality-Altering Machine in the "Out of the Abyss" hardcover Chapter 14.

What settings do I need to change in the editor and to which file?
Destroyer203 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old September 11th, 2017, 07:50 AM
So a Post-Levels 10000 timing:
hero.childfound[aINT].field[aMaxValue].value += WHATEVERNUMBERYOUNEED
adding a 1 would grant a max cap of 21.
How you want to add this to your character is up to you, but I would add it to an item like a tome.

Otherwise download the user file for a Maxcap adjustment.
Attached Files
File Type: email CapAdjust.user (797 Bytes, 42 views)

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; September 11th, 2017 at 08:01 AM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 11th, 2017, 08:59 AM
I've asked (via a bug ticket) for LW to provide or alter the ability adjustment to be able to go over the cap of 20, but I'm not sure if that'll fly since the SRD only goes up to 20. It might be a good idea to add this adjustment to the community files since there are more common items that can take you over the cap of 20 (potion of hill giant strength for example) that don't have code behind them either.
dungeonguru is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mjolnirh

Old September 27th, 2017, 01:33 PM
I created a tome of understanding that requires you to equip it. it increases the max and adds 2 to the Bonus field. this works. you can even equip multiple tomes of the same kind (not that you should lol).

<thing id="iotomunder" name="Tome of Understanding" description="This book contains intuition and insight exercises, and its words are charged with magic. If you spend 48 hours over a period of 6 days or fewer studying the book’s contents and practicing its guidelines, your Wisdom score increases by 2, as does your maximum for that score. The manual then loses its magic, but regains it in a century." compset="Wondrous">
<tag group="ItemRarity" tag="VeryRare" name="Very Rare" abbrev="Very Rare"/>
<tag group="Helper" tag="EquipMag"/>
<tag group="Helper" tag="ShowSpec" name="Show Spec" abbrev="Show Spec"/>
<eval phase="PostLevel" priority="10000" index="2">
doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)

hero.child[aWIS].field[Bonus].value += 2</eval>
<eval phase="PostLevel" priority="10000"> doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)

hero.childfound[aWIS].field[aMaxValue].value += 2</eval>
</thing>
Mjolnirh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old September 27th, 2017, 06:16 PM
You can add stats above 20 using the epic boon tab. You'd have to add +2 twice, but that is no big thing.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote