Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 22nd, 2015, 04:22 AM
To everyone who's posted above that they are having problems...

PLEASE provide us with more details than the small fragments given above. If you've already done that with the crash reports you've submitted, that's great! If not, please open up support tickets, reference the crash reports you've submitted, and provide details. That's the single best way to help us reproduce and ultimately fix these bugs.

The crash reports are a snapshot of the program at the time the crash occurred, but they provide NOTHING about what you were doing that led up to the crash. As such, they are of only limited value. Details about the circumstances surrounding the crashes are invaluable to us.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rogue_jm

Old October 23rd, 2015, 12:17 AM
Rob, I have already submitted an error report on this.
The crash occurs when I use Manage Names and change the Case Matching from Ignore to Sensitive. Click save after that and it crashes. I have tested on topics with existing links and without and get the same result.
I had already made this change on many topics before this occurred, but now get the error with every attempt.
I can edit topics in all other ways and do not have the problem.

And, yes, I'm using build 204

Last edited by rogue_jm; October 23rd, 2015 at 01:12 AM.
rogue_jm is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old October 23rd, 2015, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post

PLEASE provide us with more details than the small fragments given above. If you've already done that with the crash reports you've submitted, that's great! If not, please open up support tickets, reference the crash reports you've submitted, and provide details. That's the single best way to help us reproduce and ultimately fix these bugs.

The crash reports are a snapshot of the program at the time the crash occurred, but they provide NOTHING about what you were doing that led up to the crash. As such, they are of only limited value. Details about the circumstances surrounding the crashes are invaluable to us.

Thanks!
Rob,

So far since the latest update has been applied, I have had zero crashes. If I have any more I will submit a bug report with detail on the text. But so far, you seemed to have solved my issue.

Great work!!

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old October 23rd, 2015, 10:42 AM
Odd that I seem to be the minority with problems in the realm... I have not used anything "special" imho...

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old October 23rd, 2015, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post

Thanks!
Hey Rob,

I too have had several crashes since the updates. When it crashes it asks if you want to send a report. It also gives you a window to give a brief description of what you were doing when it crashed. I generally do not do bug reports, just crash reports. I say what I was doing IE "I was navigating from a mechanical reference to a story book topic." Is this enough or do you need the bug report and even more information? For those of us who are code illiterate, what information do you need?

I had no idea what was causing my crashes, but thinking back I would agree that it appears to happen most when I am saving one topic and moving to another.

Last edited by jkthomsen9; October 23rd, 2015 at 11:14 AM.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Zakzahn

Old October 23rd, 2015, 03:13 PM
I've been having crashes whenever I try to delete an article, which means I can't move on with what I'm doing. I've sent some reports via the automatic reporting system, but here is what it says in the error:

C++ Exception: Invalid head sentinel - wiped? at line 658 in file utility.cpp

I'm also completely up to date.
Zakzahn is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Kraupaul

Old October 23rd, 2015, 04:04 PM
I’m running the latest update.

I’m having repeated crashes when trying to adding text snippets to an existing topic. The crash occurs when I save changes. I believe it is crashing before the auto detect for links.

I have a fair amount of existing text that I’ve copied from the internet. Some of it has hyperlinks… which I think may be at least part of the problem.
Kraupaul is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Kraupaul

Old October 23rd, 2015, 05:04 PM
At this point I’m fairly certain my crashes are related to hyperlinks. I can eliminate them by highlighting text, copy and paste special ‘unformatted text’… which will probably only take about a hundred hours to cleaned up…
Kraupaul is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2015, 05:27 PM
We're rolling out a release tonight that should fix a lot of the issues that users have reported. But not ALL of them. Things should improve for a number of you with problems, and hopefully all of you.
rob is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2015, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decapus View Post
I have a lot of crashes too, and now it happens every time i try to open RW. I have reported the problem, but right now i can't even use RW :-(

If i am quick, i can click on another topic while RW is starting up (when all the windows begin popping up), and then it won't crash. But when i try to open the topic that gave me all the crashes to start with, it crashes again.
The issue is that the one topic is messed up, as you've determined. We're adding a way to work around this type of problem in tonight's release. Once this release goes out, get it, then go to the Tools tab of the Launch Window. Select the new Delete Preferences option and choose the realm that's crashing. Then you can load the realm and avoid the problematic topic.

Of course, we've hopefully fixed this issue, so the topic will be fine. If not, the above will get you into your realm until we get the bug fixed.
rob is offline   #20 Reply With Quote