Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

AndrewD2

Old August 19th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Actually Shadow there is a section where he says it goes hero#Tag.Group and has it backwards, and it's the part where he's talking about hero#Hero.Raging.
AndrewD2 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 19th, 2014, 03:16 PM
That is what I get for reading too fast. Yea looks like Mathias was dyslexic for a moment. So sorry my bad...

So this part here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Is a certain tag present on the hero?
Code:
hero#Tag.Group
or
Code:
hero#Tag.Group <> 0
Should be:
Is a certain tag present on the hero?
Code:
hero#Group.Tag
or
Code:
hero#Group.Tag <> 0

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Hedrik

Old August 19th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
In this case "hero" is the container (ie character) and "Hero" is the group and "Rage" is the tag. These "Hero" group was made with the idea that they would always go on the "hero" container.

From a new persons perspective I am sure that can be a little confusing.
Right - so, I am correct that you mixed up 'Group' and 'Tag' in the descriptions, but got the order correct in the example...
Hedrik is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 19th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedrik View Post
Right - so, I am correct that you mixed up 'Group' and 'Tag' in the descriptions, but got the order correct in the example...
Yep you where correct. Here is your super special cookie! I have emailed it to you. Oh and don't worry that your antivirus software says its a Trojan virus. You can trust me *really*.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Hedrik

Old August 20th, 2014, 12:29 AM
Heh - my bad for not reading who it was that was writing the response! But thanks for the cookie! It w#s veri tas&%@*$()_... ;-)
Hedrik is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 24th, 2017, 10:45 AM
I must be missing something. You said to find a field:

fieldval:Field >= #

However, that seems to look at fields on the object. If I want to look at a field on the hero, how would I do that? Everything I've guessed at didn't work.
Valdacil is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 24th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil View Post
I must be missing something. You said to find a field:

fieldval:Field >= #

However, that seems to look at fields on the object. If I want to look at a field on the hero, how would I do that? Everything I've guessed at didn't work.
Simply put you can't. The bootstrap conditions can only access the specific Pick's fields not the hero or any other Pick. You can check for "Tags" on the hero in the bootstrap condition. What you would end up doing is adding logic in the eval-script to test the hero field and push a tag that can be checked. Or set another field value to test.

Honestly though not allot of hero fields are going to be set at the timing that a bootstrap condition needs to run. You are much better off here asking questions about "what" you want to accomplish. Then someone could give advice on the best method.

Also HL does not have objects it has Picks and Things. Just saying its best to pick up the terminology so you have an easier time in the editor.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 24th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Thanks ShadowChemosh for all of your tips and information. You are always helpful. I appreciate the link which helped clear up the difference between Pick and Thing (which I was confused about).
Valdacil is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old March 24th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Is there any secret to putting a condition on bootstrapping an archetype?

I'm trying to set up an "automatic Gifted Blade" rule option for the Soulknife without directly editing the Soulknife class (so it can be kept in a separate file). Just bootstrapping the Gifted Blade archetype from a Mechanic is simple, but it seems impossible to make a condition that does anything useful (like, say, check if you actually have any Soulknife levels). In that context there's a "Condition phase/priority (...) for bootstrap thing '...' occurs after earliest rule/script (GlobalTest/10500)" error, and I know the Classes.? tags only get added up somewhere early in the First phase.
Roadie is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 24th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
Is there any secret to putting a condition on bootstrapping an archetype?

I'm trying to set up an "automatic Gifted Blade" rule option for the Soulknife without directly editing the Soulknife class (so it can be kept in a separate file). Just bootstrapping the Gifted Blade archetype from a Mechanic is simple, but it seems impossible to make a condition that does anything useful (like, say, check if you actually have any Soulknife levels). In that context there's a "Condition phase/priority (...) for bootstrap thing '...' occurs after earliest rule/script (GlobalTest/10500)" error, and I know the Classes.? tags only get added up somewhere early in the First phase.
You are correct in that this is not an easy one to pull off. I have an archetype that is automatically applied to Unchained Rogue in my personal data set. This applies my groups houserules (Shadowd20) to the unchained rogue.

HERE is a link to the code on GitHub for you too look at.

For all my mechanics I create a "Simple" Thing in the editor which is bootstrapped to my Mechanic. Makes it easier to keep stuff in pieces.

Basically the Simple Thing bootstrap condition is looking for a specific tag (Shadowd20.arS2URog01) to be present on the hero at phase="GlobalTest" priority="10050". Then the Simple Thing has an eval script that runs at phase="GlobalTest" priority="10000". It uses a findchild to attempt to see if the unchained rogue class help Pick is live on the hero. If it is I assign the tag Shadowd20.arS2URog01 to the hero.

In this case you won't be able to use Shadowd20.? tag group as that is a custom group I created for my houserules. I would recommend using a new "Custom.?" tag that you create on the Simple or Mechanic Thing that you will push to the hero and then test that in the bootstrap condition.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20 Reply With Quote