Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Myrik_Justiciar

Old July 17th, 2016, 06:46 AM
I just bought this game and I'm trying to write out my multiverse for a super hero game that has various alternate Earths. I saw this set up for it and would like to be able to do the same... how do I set it up where my multiverse is all linked under the same heading and having my other planes under theirs but still under the multiverse heading? Also can I fully create each Earth as its on setting this way?

Example:

http://ghmaps.net/wordpress/wp-conte...ealm-Works.jpg

http://ghmaps.net/realm-works-a-few-...nto-a-new-era/
Myrik_Justiciar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old July 18th, 2016, 10:36 AM
One way is just to drag and drop the topics in the navigation pane.
You can also choose containment on the right pane. "Containing Topic".

Each topic may have only one container.

For alternate earths, maybe you need to different topics for each earth, or describe the specialities in snippets.

You can copy topics with the wrench icon -> duplicate topic

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Myrik_Justiciar

Old July 19th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Thanks! Now its looking good for me.
Myrik_Justiciar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Myrik_Justiciar

Old July 25th, 2016, 09:10 PM
Another question...

What is the size limit to information and maps that can be put into a campaign in the program? Say I started adding in Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance for example... that's a lot of info and maps, would the software handle it?
Myrik_Justiciar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 25th, 2016, 09:34 PM
Images have a size limit. I can't remember what it is but the Faerun version I have won't go in. It's better to break it down into sections and use smaller file types.
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old July 25th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrik_Justiciar View Post
What is the size limit to information and maps that can be put into a campaign in the program? Say I started adding in Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance for example... that's a lot of info and maps, would the software handle it?
As far as I know there is no size limit other than the graphics limitation mentioned. Of course the database should be on a sufficiently large partition to accommodate the data, but then a few gigabytes don't really matter. If you reach terabyte size it will probably cause some performance issues, but then you will probably have entered every single person in the Forgotten Realms with complete social background, floor plans of every single house and detailed maps of every dungeon as well as tons of other stuff. If you reach that size just let the community know. Maybe you can sell that huge amount of work in the upcoming content market.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 26th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurzel View Post
Maybe you can sell that huge amount of work in the upcoming content market.
I'm perhaps not the best person to respond to this. But I will caution against the assumption that you'll be able to freely sell (and therefore profit from) content you create that uses a setting or license you don't have the rights to use.
Joe is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old July 26th, 2016, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I'm perhaps not the best person to respond to this. But I will caution against the assumption that you'll be able to freely sell (and therefore profit from) content you create that uses a setting or license you don't have the rights to use.
However, if it is your own world and you do not tie it to any particular game system then you should be able to sell your adventures and story arcs.
Viking2054 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote