Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old September 30th, 2020, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
The other thing that isn't showing is the caster level in the Specials list. The script shows field[Value].value to be added to the field[livename].text but I'm guessing that it is different for the Fang Dragon.
You would have to set the Value field in the bootstrap. Typically, the Value is the level of the spell, so it shouldn't matter that it's for a Fang Dragon. That said, there is usually a default so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be showing up without being able to see it.
Sendric is offline   #1001 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old September 30th, 2020, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Bootstrap conditionals. I imagine you could use Size as the condition. (ie Size.Large)
I'm not sure that would work because some age categories have the same size. Would have to look at each dragon individually to see if any get different spell-like abilities at different age categories but have the same size.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1002 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old September 30th, 2020, 06:19 AM
Quote:
You would have to set the Value field in the bootstrap. Typically, the Value is the level of the spell, so it shouldn't matter that it's for a Fang Dragon. That said, there is usually a default so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be showing up without being able to see it.
I think that it also has something to do with the age category and timing. But haven't been able to really look into it yet.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1003 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 30th, 2020, 09:19 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure that would work because some age categories have the same size. Would have to look at each dragon individually to see if any get different spell-like abilities at different age categories but have the same size.
Ok. Taking a look at the Red Dragon, there's a field we can use. Maybe you suggested this earlier, but you can set the spell-like ability special's Value field equal to the Age Category:

Code:
field[Value].value = hero.child[xAgeCat].field[Value].value
Then set your bootstrap condition to the Value field.
Sendric is offline   #1004 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 30th, 2020, 09:20 AM
Quote:
I think that it also has something to do with the age category and timing. But haven't been able to really look into it yet.
Sorry. I read your initial comment too quickly. The caster level of the Dragon is either the Age Category or its Sorcerer level, whichever is greater. This could presumably be variable depending on the Dragon type.

I recommend you work on the Fang Dragon and send me the results before taking a stab at any other dragons just so we can make sure the process is correct before we get too far into it.

Last edited by Sendric; September 30th, 2020 at 09:23 AM.
Sendric is offline   #1005 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old September 30th, 2020, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Ok. Taking a look at the Red Dragon, there's a field we can use. Maybe you suggested this earlier, but you can set the spell-like ability special's Value field equal to the Age Category:

Code:
field[Value].value = hero.child[xAgeCat].field[Value].value
Then set your bootstrap condition to the Value field.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have put in the script and then put this as a condition but I'm getting an error code.

Code:
field[Value].value >= 3
The error code is "Syntax error in 'bootstrap #1 condition' tag expression for Thing 'xSplAblDraFang' -> Invalid tag template specified: 'field.[Value].value'

I've tried changing the timing but still get the same. I'm wondering if it because it is in the xSplAblDraFang and not the rDraFang.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1006 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old September 30th, 2020, 02:00 PM
I was able to get the caster level to show correctly.

In that script I have already created a number variable for age category. I called it "agecat". Is there anyway to use that variable as a condition? Or will I need to write an if/then script to delete each sla when needed?

Last edited by Bloodwolf; September 30th, 2020 at 02:08 PM.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1007 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old September 30th, 2020, 02:04 PM
Or do I need to add a SpecSource.Dragon statement?
Bloodwolf is offline   #1008 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 1st, 2020, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have put in the script and then put this as a condition but I'm getting an error code.

Code:
field[Value].value >= 3
The error code is "Syntax error in 'bootstrap #1 condition' tag expression for Thing 'xSplAblDraFang' -> Invalid tag template specified: 'field.[Value].value'

I've tried changing the timing but still get the same. I'm wondering if it because it is in the xSplAblDraFang and not the rDraFang.
Try this:

Code:
fieldval:Value>=X
Also, I was a little lazy with the eval script. Should be hero.childfound not hero.child.

Last edited by Sendric; October 1st, 2020 at 04:03 AM.
Sendric is offline   #1009 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 1st, 2020, 04:02 AM
Quote:
I was able to get the caster level to show correctly.

In that script I have already created a number variable for age category. I called it "agecat". Is there anyway to use that variable as a condition? Or will I need to write an if/then script to delete each sla when needed?
Variables can only be used within the script they are created in. If you need to use it elsewhere, you need to save its value in one of the Value fields.

PS. See this link written up for Pathfinder. D20 is similar to Pathfinder, but has fewer features. I found these to be helpful.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21688

Last edited by Sendric; October 1st, 2020 at 04:04 AM.
Sendric is offline   #1010 Reply With Quote