Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Sketchpad

Old March 8th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Hmm ... maybe something more like the Mecha tab could be implemented. That is, when someone selects Ritualist/Inventor/Artificer, a new tab opens for them to track their creations.
So, if I'm playing Mega-Mage and take Ritualist, I can record any and all rituals I've created (and also have access to the DCs to make/cast them).

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old March 9th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchpad View Post
Hmm ... maybe something more like the Mecha tab could be implemented. That is, when someone selects Ritualist/Inventor/Artificer, a new tab opens for them to track their creations.
So, if I'm playing Mega-Mage and take Ritualist, I can record any and all rituals I've created (and also have access to the DCs to make/cast them).
Yes, this would be ideal.
Shadowchaser is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old March 9th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
So, effectively you want to make a "library" of powers that you can store somehow, and quickly call up when you want to use them?

Would this be a list of independent powers, or more like Nigel suggests, where the powers would be alternate powers of existing ones?
Rituals, Artifacts, and Inventions are not paid for with points, but we need the point totals to calculate the difficulty numbers and the time values to create them with.

For details on these rules, please refer to the "Inventing" rules in the M&M Hero's Handbook (3E flavor) on pages 159-160. There are different values for "Jury-Rigging" inventions (and rituals/Artifacts) as well. It's these values I'd like to have a page to calculate, so I didn't have to do the math myself every time someone wants to come up with a "temporary" power they use a skill to roll up.

I would like to keep them stored on the character if possible, since I allow my players to re-use these things once they have been designed in-game with just a creation/performance skill check.
Shadowchaser is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 9th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I'm hoping this "power stunt/library/ritual" tab will be in both 2E and 3E as many of us will probably be playing 2E for years to come. It would be just as helpful to have this tab for the 2E M&M players as it would be for 3E players.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old March 11th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
I'm hoping this "power stunt/library/ritual" tab will be in both 2E and 3E as many of us will probably be playing 2E for years to come. It would be just as helpful to have this tab for the 2E M&M players as it would be for 3E players.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I made this post under the "ALL" editions heading.
Shadowchaser is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
CelticREI

Send a message via AIM to CelticREI Send a message via MSN to CelticREI Send a message via Yahoo to CelticREI

Old March 22nd, 2011, 07:56 AM
Loving the new "Library" page ^_^

Something that might be helpful for it is if to the side it would state how long it takes to plan/study and then build/cast.
Especially if there was two inputs for ranks of Quickness to change the values of study/planning and casting/building (I'm not sure if this is in the RAW, but I've done it and seen plenty of people do Quickness limited to helping Artificer/Inventor/Ritualist).

While it's not hard to do this by hand, Hero Lab is about making things easier and quicker, aye?

EDIT: I just found out ye have the Design time and the such if ye hover over the (?) next to the power. Ye folks are awesome. Would the Quickness thing be possible still?

Last edited by CelticREI; March 22nd, 2011 at 08:33 AM.
CelticREI is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old March 22nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticREI View Post
Loving the new "Library" page ^_^

Something that might be helpful for it is if to the side it would state how long it takes to plan/study and then build/cast.
Especially if there was two inputs for ranks of Quickness to change the values of study/planning and casting/building (I'm not sure if this is in the RAW, but I've done it and seen plenty of people do Quickness limited to helping Artificer/Inventor/Ritualist).

While it's not hard to do this by hand, Hero Lab is about making things easier and quicker, aye?

EDIT: I just found out ye have the Design time and the such if ye hover over the (?) next to the power. Ye folks are awesome. Would the Quickness thing be possible still?
The quickness power does affect these times according to the rules, but a lot of people flaw quickness so it can only affect certain things like mental tasks. Perhaps two entries at the top of the Library tab for quickness ranks applied to each of the steps?
Shadowchaser is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old March 22nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
It could look like slots in a dynamic array. Sorry for the double post.
Shadowchaser is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 5th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
The quickness power does affect these times according to the rules, but a lot of people flaw quickness so it can only affect certain things like mental tasks. Perhaps two entries at the top of the Library tab for quickness ranks applied to each of the steps?
That could work; "here are the normal times, then here are the times with N ranks of Quickness applied, which is what you currently have activated."
Colen is offline   #19 Reply With Quote