Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Simira

Old February 25th, 2019, 02:35 AM
I have a lvl 10 light domain cleric, wisdom 18 +4.

As I read the rules, I get the warding flare ability as many times as my wis-bonus per day/long rest. Which should be 4. From 6th level I can also use improved flare, protecting others than myself.

In HeroLab, I get 5 Warding Flares AND 5 Improved Flare per day. As I understand it, improved flare only changes they way I can use warding flare, it's not an additional ability?
Also, the number seems wrong. I have a stone of good luck, which gives me +1 on ability checks, might this be included in the number of flares per day?

Not a very big deal, I don't expect to overuse it anyway, but would like to understand if there's a bug or there's something I haven't considered in the rules.
Attached Files
File Type: email Eirra.por (26.8 KB, 1 views)
Simira is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old February 25th, 2019, 08:25 AM
From what I can tell it's the ChargeCalc.Minimum1 tag (Minimum 1 (Base level/HD)) on the Warding Flare ability - it's adding 1 rather than forcing a minimum of 1. The community can probably change this to the ChargeCalc.FinalMin1 (Minimum 1 (final)) in their files - I tested on my files and this change works correctly where the other does not.

The stone of good luck doesn't affect it at all, if you remove your stone the charge calculation is still off by 1.

If the community authors feel that this tag isn't working the way expected, I would suggest someone open a support ticket with LW to investigate it.

You are correct on how Improved Flare works, I think that whoever coded the Light domain forgot to remove the second tracker from Improved Flare when they were copying things around.

Last edited by dungeonguru; February 25th, 2019 at 08:28 AM.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Simira

Old February 25th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Thanks! Always nice to know it's the system in the wrong, not me. Well, not really, as me being wrong would give me the advantage. But thanks anyway.
Simira is offline   #3 Reply With Quote