Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 8th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Hi all,

I've just released a long-awaited update that includes many bug fixes and new content, thanks to some awesome contributors on this forum. The list of enhancements follows - for bug fixes, check the FAQ in the data files.

* Added lots of new equipment from Agents of Freedom, new languages, new super-senses from Ultimate Power, and new weapons from Mecha & Manga (thanks Dartnet!).
* Added new stock heroes from Iron Age (thanks Duggan!).
* Added new content from Warriors & Warlocks, including stock heroes (thanks Duggan!).
* Added new content from Silver Age, including stock heroes (thanks Duggan and FifthWanderer!).
* Added new content from Mecha & Manga, including Pet feats / powers and stock heroes (thanks Duggan!).
* Added a new "Enabled?" checkbox to all entries on the Minions tab. Unchecking this allows you to hide the minion in the Dashboard & Tactical Console. This lets you (for example) take 3 ranks of Sidekick to get 5 sidekicks, then hide 2 of them for a total of 3 sidekicks.
* Feat description text now includes the feat category, allowing you to search for a category name on the "Choose Feats" form to see all feats from that category.
* The Critical Strike feat no longer requires Favored Opponent, because you can simply spend a hero point to acquire Favored Opponent if necessary. Clarified this in the feat description.
* Benefit (status) and Benefit (military rank) now show a table of their effects, and include your rank on printed output.
* You can now increase the ranks of the built-in features on predesigned HQs.
* Benefit (military rank) can now go down to 0 ranks, which costs 0 PP, instead of rank 1 costing 0 PP.
* Vehicles and HQs can now have Metamorph versions of themselves.
* Added a Custom Drawback, so you can enter new drawbacks for the hero without falling back on the editor.
* Details entered on the NPC tab now appear on printed output, just like they do on statblocks.

Enjoy!
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 8th, 2010, 01:44 PM
^_^ Just curious, did FifthWanderer and I submit the same content by accident or did he find some things I was missing?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 8th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Happy to see that things like the correction to "Reduced Range" made it in.

Love the option of "not showing" Minions that don't exist.

However, my vehicle: jumbo jet is showing an error as the software thinks it has the Climb and Swim Skills. Oops.

Also, shouldn't the Feature: Personnel be available for aquatic vehicles like yachts, ships and submarines?

Still not having additional portraits print via PDF.....only if you use Print Preview.

Otherwise, WHOO-HOO! and thanks.

Now heading over to the D&D 3.5 thread to mention my disappointment about my two favorite bugaboos not being fixed.

Nigel Fogg, aka the Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; June 8th, 2010 at 03:13 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 8th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Hmm, while the mechanic of Reduced Range (UP style) made it into the 3.7 Update it seems the text did not get changed.

page 108 — Reduced Range: Change the description to the following:
This drawback reduces the maximum range of a ranged effect, which is normally (rank x 100) feet. For –1 point, it reduces
maximum range to (rank x 50) feet, the same as throwing range. For –2 points, it reduces maximum range to (rank x 25)
feet. A greater reduction should be handled by making the effect touch range, possibly with some measure of the
Extended Reach feat, if necessary.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old June 8th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Hey folks as it looks like M&M2ed is warping up I am now turning my attention to Pathfinder. If you all want some more grinding done with M&M2ed just ask. I will be back for 3rd.
dartnet is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 8th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I feel like a fool for having to ask, but how do I clear out the .user files I've submitted so that they don't conflict?
Duggan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 9th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
^_^ Just curious, did FifthWanderer and I submit the same content by accident or did he find some things I was missing?
You submitted a couple of the same things, but I think you each had some stuff the other was missing. I don't remember the details.

To delete .user files, go to your Hero Lab M&M data directory (it should be somewhere like c:\HeroLab\data\mutants\) and just delete the files manually, or just move them to another folder to stop them giving the error.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 9th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Happy to see that things like the correction to "Reduced Range" made it in.

Love the option of "not showing" Minions that don't exist.

However, my vehicle: jumbo jet is showing an error as the software thinks it has the Climb and Swim Skills. Oops.

Also, shouldn't the Feature: Personnel be available for aquatic vehicles like yachts, ships and submarines?

Still not having additional portraits print via PDF.....only if you use Print Preview.
Thanks for the jumbo jet note, I'll just remove skills from vehicles.

Personnel is listed in Book of Magic as an HQ feature, but I don't see it listed in there as a vehicle feature. Is it an "official" vehicle feature from somewhere that I haven't noticed?

The PDF problem will be fixed when HL3.6b is released, since it's actually a bug in the PDF addon for Hero Lab. I was originally hoping to release this update at the same time as 3.6b, but the HL release got delayed. Sorry
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 9th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Oh, and from the Atomic Think Tank, someone's reporting that the skill caps are currently including ability modifiers incorrectly, i.e. at PL 10 with 12 ranks of Stealth and a Dexterity of 18, they are being told they are over caps. Have not checked it out myself yet.

Reference. And I may have misrepresented them by adding an example... I don't know what exactly they're running into involving what numbers.

Oh, an verified. Added 15 ranks of Bluff to a new PL 10 character, then bumped their Charisma up to 20. I get a Validation warning saying that "Bluff Exceeds Power Level limit by 5"

Last edited by Duggan; June 9th, 2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Even Further clarification
Duggan is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Thanks for the jumbo jet note, I'll just remove skills from vehicles.

Personnel is listed in Book of Magic as an HQ feature, but I don't see it listed in there as a vehicle feature. Is it an "official" vehicle feature from somewhere that I haven't noticed?

The PDF problem will be fixed when HL3.6b is released, since it's actually a bug in the PDF addon for Hero Lab. I was originally hoping to release this update at the same time as 3.6b, but the HL release got delayed. Sorry (
First off, no need to apologize Colen.....indeed thanks from me for all the great work you and the others are doing.

The Personnel thing isn't official, just a common sense thing that occured to this former military man who, if you must know, is thinking of adding a submarine to one of his characters and wants there to be an actual crew running the darn thing. LOL

Keep up the good work,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

P.S. What about the Reduced Range dialogue error I mentioned up above in this thread? ;-P

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; June 9th, 2010 at 03:27 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #10 Reply With Quote