Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warmachine & Hordes

Notices

djcclarke

Old January 2nd, 2011, 07:37 AM
Have downloaded Warmachine V3.3 - Solo Widowmaker Marksmen appears to be absent from the Khador lists.

Am I mistaken, and if no, is there an ETA for a new update?

Cheers.
djcclarke is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gr8sword

Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:38 AM
You are not mistaken and there are plenty of other things missing for all of the other warmachine factions too.

There is no word on any update for it, nor whether anyone is even working on it anymore. No word from anyone... anywhere... anyhow. If Lone Wolf knows about it, there has been no comment from them on the subject. There was some kind of trademark disagreement back in early 2010 (I believe), though I don't know if that is a contributing reason for the lack of MkII support.

Unless someone with the know how steps up to do it, it can be considered 'dead' (sorry, I don't like it either but that's the truth). Until it is updated, Lone Wolf should for the sake of accuracy (and honesty) state on their product that AB supports Warmachine (and Hordes) only up to MkI.
gr8sword is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:06 PM
The trademark disagreement was over the trademarked term "Army Builder" and therefore is unlikely to have contributed to this (The actual explanation over the hullabaloo has to do with arcane details of trademark law and how Lone Wolf was trying to be nice about it, followed by a number of people misinterpreting the situation and thinking that something hinky was going on. As I understand it, neither Privateer Press nor Lone Wolf had any real acrimony over it, just forum members).
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
djcclarke

Old January 16th, 2011, 07:07 AM
In reference to Warmachine support - after contacting Lone Wolf Development Support who were both responsive & informative, providing excellent customer service.

Lone Wolf do not develop data sets themselves (licensing agreements with the gaming manufacturers). It takes us, the gaming community to develop the data sets, snd unfortunately, the Warmachine developer appears to have vanished from the face of the earth.
We should see a posting soon from Lone Wolf, requesting a volunteer(S) to tak up the mantle.

For the gaming manufacturer's out there - I understand wanting to protect your IP, but since you do not provide software to aid in the building of army lists, would a liscense to provide a value added service to your games be out of the question?
djcclarke is offline   #4 Reply With Quote