Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:13 PM
We're proud to announce that our new FREE application, Hero Lab for the Pathfinder Beginner Box, is now available!

This free version of Hero Lab allows anyone to create and advance characters through levels 1-5 of the Pathfinder Beginner Box rules, and lets GMs create and manage Beginner Box encounters. Best of all, unlike the regular Hero Lab, it's free!

You can find out more here, or download Hero Lab for the Pathfinder Beginner Box here.

Happy gaming!
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 23rd, 2011, 06:33 AM
It looks great! I'm diggin it. I have a friend with two young kids (11 and 9) who would love to create their own characters for the Beginner Box.

I was wondering, why isn't there an "In Play" tab? There are a handful of feats and abilities where this could come in handy. Things like raging and power attack come immediately to mind.
blzbob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:56 AM
The Beginner Box is targeted at people who are playing their first RPGs, so our main concern was not overwhelming players with too much at once. We tried to stick with the character creation sequence Paizo outlined - once you're done, you print out your character sheet and use it at the game table. We didn't want new players getting to the "end" of character creation, then being confused by the in-play and adjustments stuff before they'd even played their first game.

GMs still have access to the in-play tab, as managing encounters is greatly simplified by Hero Lab.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
peteday

Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:03 PM
can we get an output that mirrors the beginner box character sheet? With all the stuff in the margins and explanations and stuff?

Last edited by peteday; December 23rd, 2011 at 07:15 PM.
peteday is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
tydirium

Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
Has anybody entered the data for the iconics yet? We're all entering the same data for noobs. Are we allowed to share these kinds of things?
tydirium is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
tydirium

Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
..and thanks again HL for putting this out!

jh
tydirium is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
The Beginner Box is targeted at people who are playing their first RPGs, so our main concern was not overwhelming players with too much at once. We tried to stick with the character creation sequence Paizo outlined - once you're done, you print out your character sheet and use it at the game table. We didn't want new players getting to the "end" of character creation, then being confused by the in-play and adjustments stuff before they'd even played their first game.

GMs still have access to the in-play tab, as managing encounters is greatly simplified by Hero Lab.
That's awesome! I didn't realize that there were differences. Next time maybe I should take more than a few moments to look at it.

By the way, this tool is awesome. I'm very impressed. I think that it's a perfect addition to the Beginner's Box. So easy, a cave man can use it.
blzbob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydirium View Post
Has anybody entered the data for the iconics yet? We're all entering the same data for noobs. Are we allowed to share these kinds of things?
The four starting characters are already preloaded.
blzbob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old December 26th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Now that they have made the document for Beginner Box characters to be able to be used in Pathfinder Society games.

Is there going to be an adjustment to the HeroLab for Pathfinder Beginner Box to be able to do this?
Angela2013 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote