Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

basselope

Old September 25th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I have purchased a supplement that has Gods and Magic. I have noticed, at the very least, that it doesn't provide weapon proficiency with longbow and shortbow for clerics and druids that worship Erastil. While it would be nice to have this implemented, I am enjoying figuring things out in the editor. I have added created a new data file and created a new Deity to use until this gets resolved officially. I have used these Tags:

Group ID:WepProf
Tag ID:wLongbow
Name:Longbow
Abbrev:Longbow

Group ID:WepProf
Tag ID:wShortbow
Name:Shortbow
Abbrev:Shortbow

I am clearly missing something else because it is not showing up for a druid I have made. Well, when I go to purchase weapons they show as not being proficient. I have made sure that my sources are selected in the Configure Hero screen.

All that being said, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work? If I am leaving anything out, please tell me as I am new to this. I don't know exactly what you might need to help me along.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by basselope; September 25th, 2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Spelled "deity" wrong
basselope is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
basselope

Old September 25th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Silly comment I realize, but I tried fixing how I spelled "deity" because it is wrong, but it won't keep the change.
basselope is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 25th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Can you post the script and it's timing? It would make it allot easier to see where you went wrong.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 25th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Note that only Clerics, not Druids, have a class special that allows them to gain proficiency in their deity's favored weapon. Also, Erastil's favored weapon is the longbow - not all bows.

I just tested it, and a Cleric of Erastil is proficient with the longbow.

Last edited by Mathias; September 25th, 2011 at 12:16 PM.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
basselope

Old September 25th, 2011, 12:28 PM
ShadowChemosh - I am not running any scripts. I have only setup what I indicated in my first post.

Mathias - Below is a direct copy from Gods and Magic.

Quote:
Erastil’s clerics and druids are proficient with the
shortbow and the longbow (and the composite versions
of each). Paladins may use their smite evil ability with
melee or ranged weapon attacks. Clerics, paladins, and
rangers may prepare goodberry as a 2nd-level spell, and
druids can cast the spell on nuts as well as berries.
Clerics and paladins may cast animal messenger as a 2ndlevel
spell, and all priests may use that spell on any nonhostile
animal (including friendly guard animals and
domesticated animals).
Oh, and thanks to both of you for replying so soon.
basselope is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 25th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Since Gods & Magic was printed, there have been 3 updated versions of Erastil - in the Core Rulebook, the Inner Sea World Guide, and in Faiths of Purity. That rule existed in 3.5, but it was not carried forward into the Pathfinder version of Erastil.

Last edited by Mathias; September 25th, 2011 at 01:36 PM.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
basselope

Old September 25th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I figured that because it was a Pathfinder product it was in effect.
basselope is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 25th, 2011, 02:10 PM
The simple way to house rule this is to use the "Weapon Proficiency" adjustment from the Permanent Adjustments table on the Personal tab.

For a more permanent house rule, on the Deity tab in the editor, you can make a copy of Erastil. As you're selecting that option from the list, copy down the Id of the existing version - it's in parentheses, then type that Id into the "Replaces Thing Id" box on the right-hand side - now, the deity you're creating is a replacement for the existing version of Erastil. For Clerics, giving them shortbow proficiency is simple - just press the Favored Weapons button and add Shortbow, in addition to the Longbow that's already selected.

Since Druids don't have the "Deity's Favored Weapon" ability that clerics have, and you don't want to give other druids their deity's favored weapon, you'll need an Eval Script to apply that proficiency for a druid.

So, on your replacement deity, press the Eval Scripts button, and add a new script. First should be a good choice for phase, and 10000 for Priority.

First, you'll need to figure out whether the character is a druid or not - so we'll see if the character has at least one level in that class, then if so, we'll assign longbow and shortbow weapon proficiencies to the hero:

Code:

if (#levelcount[Druid] > 0) then
  perform hero.assign[WepProf.wLongbow]
  perform hero.assign[WepProf.wShortbow]
  endif
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
Kolimar

Old February 10th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Hello, I use Hero lab with the option Gods and magic but it seems that cleric hasn't the bonus spell like "flame blade" for Sarenrae. Is it an error or not ?

PS : english is not my native language and I beg your pardon for all the faults that I can make.

Last edited by Kolimar; February 11th, 2012 at 11:43 AM.
Kolimar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Kolimar

Old February 10th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I use Herolab with the supplement Gods and magic. It seems that the bonus spell like "flame blade" with Sarenrae doesn't exist for Cleric or Ranger. Is it an error or not ?
Kolimar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote