Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Polecat

Old April 27th, 2016, 08:48 PM
Please Add Cyber Skull to the Drone Modification section. It might seem silly but its the only way we will be able to put cyber eyes and cyber ears in anthropomorphic drones.
Polecat is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Thrawn21

Old April 28th, 2016, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
Please Add Cyber Skull to the Drone Modification section. It might seem silly but its the only way we will be able to put cyber eyes and cyber ears in anthropomorphic drones.
You don't need cyber in drones, you can just put in the appropriate sensors directly. Cyber was designed to work with flesh.
Thrawn21 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old April 28th, 2016, 06:54 AM
uh, yeah, no cyber for Drones....
adzling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old April 28th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn21 View Post
You don't need cyber in drones, you can just put in the appropriate sensors directly. Cyber was designed to work with flesh.
Except, that you can put cyber into drone appendages. Basically anything that has a capacity value should be able to be installed into the drone if I remember correctly.

More importantly, unless they give me the ability to attach a cyber skull to a drone I cannot have it breath fire and scream profanity at players as it tries to kill them.
Polecat is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old April 29th, 2016, 08:30 AM
that would be a small weapon mount with an internal/ hidden option....see rigger 5.0
adzling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
KarmaInferno

Old April 30th, 2016, 12:03 AM
It would also be nice to be able to install False Face to go alongside the Realistic Feature mod on an anthro drone. Or even just fangs.

It's not all about the sensors.
KarmaInferno is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Valentet

Old April 30th, 2016, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
Except, that you can put cyber into drone appendages. Basically anything that has a capacity value should be able to be installed into the drone if I remember correctly.

More importantly, unless they give me the ability to attach a cyber skull to a drone I cannot have it breath fire and scream profanity at players as it tries to kill them.
Is this one of those "it doesn't say I can't so I must be able to" scenarios? Because I can't find anything to support the idea. If you can cite the source my players will be happy little gun-bunnies because two have asked to do something similar.
Valentet is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old April 30th, 2016, 06:44 AM
nope, beyond putting things in their arms there is no indication it's possible and considering 'ware goes into flesh and drones have no flesh then no, not by RAW.
This is fully houserule territory.
adzling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
KarmaInferno

Old April 30th, 2016, 09:59 AM
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentet View Post
Is this one of those "it doesn't say I can't so I must be able to" scenarios? Because I can't find anything to support the idea. If you can cite the source my players will be happy little gun-bunnies because two have asked to do something similar.
Rigger 5.0, page 125, under Drone Arms.

Price of drone arms are as per cyberlimbs with half costs. Cyberlimb upgrades and mods are full price.

Notably, non-drone vehicle articulated arms in 5th edition do NOT have similar language. Which I guess means I can't recreate my 4th edition pugilist motorcycle with tricked out telescoping arms. Too bad, having the apparantly driverless motorcycle sprout extendo-arms to slug an opponent at 90mph was a career highlight for my rigger.

If you mean whether or not head-mounted cyberware is allowed, then no, not specifically. But it's wierd to say that an anthro drone, that should have MORE space for mods in it's 'head' than a metahuman, cannot fit cyber in there when you can in the arms and legs.

Would it be easier to add a device category flag to the appropriate bits or gear as "drone modifications", rather than having to 'add' a cyberskull and modify that?

-k

Last edited by KarmaInferno; April 30th, 2016 at 10:04 AM.
KarmaInferno is offline   #9 Reply With Quote