Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Guiche007

Old June 27th, 2014, 02:48 AM
Hi everyone,

I have created the Silverbrow Human from the Dragon Magic. That race has feather fall spell-like ability. They have one use of it at each 5 level. What i need is some tips of how to upgrade the charge of this ability. i know the script to use but not the variable. I need to know how to check the Hit Dice and how to augment the number of charge of this ability.

Thanks

Last edited by Guiche007; June 27th, 2014 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Wrong source
Guiche007 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 27th, 2014, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiche007 View Post
Hi everyone,

I have created the Silverbrow Human from the Unearth Arcana. That race has feather fall spell-like ability. They have one use of it at each 5 level. What i need is some tips of how to upgrade the charge of this ability. i know the script to use but not the variable. I need to know how to check the Hit Dice and how to augment the number of charge of this ability.

Thanks
Here's a couple of things to make it easier to find these things on your own. When you enter a number into the Total Charges box, you will see that a new entry is added to the "Fields" button in the upper right. Click on the Fields button, and you will find the field "hTotal" has been added. This is the field that controls how many charges there are.

Over in the portfolio, go to Develop -> Floating Info Windows -> Show Hero Fields. Looking through these fields you will come upon a field called "tHitDice". As you can imagine, this field contains the total number of Hit Dice your character has. To access this field, and any of the others in this dialogue, you would use the following:

Code:
herofield[tHitDice].value
You most likely need to run any script that uses this field post-levels.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Guiche007

Old June 30th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Hi Sendric,

Thanks it's working perfectly. The last thing i'm working on is the Disguise class skill is always considered a class skill. I have checked the class skill in the race but it's not considered has a class skill. Can you give me some tips on that case?

Thanks
Guiche007 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 2nd, 2014, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Hi Sendric,

Thanks it's working perfectly. The last thing i'm working on is the Disguise class skill is always considered a class skill. I have checked the class skill in the race but it's not considered has a class skill. Can you give me some tips on that case?

Thanks
Sorry. Yes. By assigning it as a class skill to the race, that means its a class skill for any racial HD you have, and it isn't transferred to any classes the character takes. A simple solution would probably be to foreach through each class and add the appropriate tag, such as:

Code:
foreach pick in hero from BaseClHelp
 perform eachpick.assign[ClassSkill.kDisguise]
nexteach
Run this at First/1000, and you should be golden. It will create duplicate tags on some classes, but that's probably not an issue.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Guiche007

Old July 2nd, 2014, 03:56 PM
Hi Sendric,

Where I should place that code?
Guiche007 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 2nd, 2014, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Hi Sendric,

Where I should place that code?
On the race would be fine.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Guiche007

Old July 3rd, 2014, 01:03 PM
Hi,

It's work perfectly. Thanks a lot. The Silverbrow Human is completed at 100%.
Guiche007 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote