Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Guiche007

Old May 16th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a template (half-fey from Fiend Folio) but a have some problem with the Spell-Like Ability it gaine by HD. Can you tell me how to do it?

Thanks
Guiche007 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 16th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Here's what I would do. Create a new Special for the half-fey template that is called Spell-Like abilities. In the script, you can modify the description of the spell-like ability in a script (field[CustDesc].text) and you can apply a conditional if/then/else statement that looks at the hit dice of the hero and modifies the description based on the HD advancement.

Does that help?
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 16th, 2014, 11:12 AM
The upcoming community release will include this template if you are willing to wait a few weeks.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Guiche007

Old May 16th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Hi Sendric,

Yes I will wait few week.

Thank a lot lot
Guiche007 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Guiche007

Old May 17th, 2014, 05:11 AM
Hi Sendric,

Thanks I will wait the upcoming release.
Guiche007 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 17th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Here's what I would do. Create a new Special for the half-fey template that is called Spell-Like abilities. In the script, you can modify the description of the spell-like ability in a script (field[CustDesc].text) and you can apply a conditional if/then/else statement that looks at the hit dice of the hero and modifies the description based on the HD advancement.

Does that help?
The problem with doing it that way is it doesn't post the per day uses of each ability on the In play tab.

The best way I found when I made the Half-Fey was to set a conditional bootstrap each of the half-fey specials. It works... mostly, though it sometimes causes problems with racial HD..

Code:
count:Hero.HitDice >= ##
TobyFox2002 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 14th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
The problem with doing it that way is it doesn't post the per day uses of each ability on the In play tab.
In your conditional, you can set the field[hTotal].value to the number of uses per day based on the HD.
Kendall-DM is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old June 14th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
In your conditional, you can set the field[hTotal].value to the number of uses per day based on the HD.
Half-Fey have more than one special ability, doing the way you suggested. (Or how I think you were suggesting if I was mistaken), you'd have a special listing off all of their spell-like abilities.

Having a single special listing off multiple spell likes is no go when they have 10 of them each with their own per day uses and DC. I've seen that happen with other monsters, such as the Guardinals from the book of exalted deeds, or the Draconians from the DLCS.

Though I think we just misunderstood each other...
TobyFox2002 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote