Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mseamans

Old March 14th, 2007, 12:20 PM
When I first obtained Card Vault, I had no problems with the Dreamblade data files, as the only data file contained just the Base set. When version 1.1 was released, it included data files for Baxar's War.
When I downloaded the new version, I now have duplicate inventory entries for each miniature in BOTH the Base and Baxar's War data files.
I have since created a data file for the new Chrysotic Plague set and want to publish updated data files, but I want to get rid of this annoying problem!
Having at least two (sometimes there are three inventory entries) entries is extremely annoying!

Can I get some suggestions on how to get rid of this problem? I've tested my new data file & tweaked a couple issues with the Base & Baxar's War data files and would like to release version 1.2 very soon!

Thanks!
mseamans is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mseamans

Old March 14th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Nevermind about a reply... I figured it out - looks like the person who compiled version 1.1 added two different artwork styles to each mini, which caused each mini to be listed in the Inventory view.
I have since edited the data files & changed this, so version 1.2 will be corrected.
Thanks!
mseamans is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 14th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I apologize for not getting to Crysotic Plague - There's no Dreamblade going on in San Diego, so I haven't actually played since the initial release, and I'm not as inspired to make updates as I was when I started. I've also been pretty busy recently.

Would you like to take over authorship?

The multiple versions are so that those people who re-paint their figs can record the painted versions seperately from the out-of-the-box versions, and I left a third option available to mark the miniatures that are released as Edge Tournament alternate paint schemes.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mseamans

Old March 15th, 2007, 05:44 AM
Hey MGehl,

Yeah, I could take over ownership... I've pretty much gotten the next version completed. I removed the alt-paint version from Base & Baxar's because of the confusion factor and the fact that I just don't see that much of a demand for repaint/alt-paint Dreamblade mini tracking... There's so few people that repaint (and then want to track them) and very few alt-paints out there (I think that the number is less than 25)...

Currently with 216 minis in 3 releases and with 3 more releases due this year (making a total of 396 minis by the end of the year), tracking these in inventory is going to make inventory lists huge - I just don't see a huge demand for it to justify having a huge inventory list (IMHO)... I think it woud be best for the releases to be simple and if people wanted to track them like that, they could easily mod the data files to include them in their inventories. I think that would be a good solution - keep the data files streamlined and if others wanted to mod them to their needs, then that option is open to them.

Sorry for the earlier post - I was just really frustrated with why there were duplicates of minis in the data files & just couldn't figure it out for quite a while...

Once I get an author account, I can post the next version out there - I just need to perform some more testing with my current inventory to ensure everything is fine with the new data files...

Thanks for version 1.1!
mseamans is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 15th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Try this - in inventory, go to settings, and on restrict styles, uncheck "Custom painted". That's how I set my system, since I never actually followed through on my plans to repaint lots of figures.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 24th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I think I'll keep authorship for a while longer. V1.2 is released.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote