Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ultan

Old October 19th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Hi all,

I just bought Hero Lab as a Support for my ongoing online campaign which gets quite difficult to manage, especially in combat.

One of my PCs is giving me Trouble as he somehow got a lot of houserules past me which I cannot find equivalents for in Hero Lab.

Also he uses the class 'mystic wanderer' from Magic of Faerun which is not part of the community package as of now (is it?).

The two other things I would like to implement are the following:

Initiate of the Sun Soul
Prerequisites: Cleric, Monk, Bard or Druid 1
Benefit: You may multiclass freely in any of the classes mentioned above.

In addition, you can use light at will, as the spell and add the following spells to your spell list. Diplomacy (Lathander), Perform (Sune) and Survival (Selūne) are always class skills for you.

1st - Rosemantle, Charm Person, Fearie Fire
2nd - Flame Blade, Love Bite, Moon Beam
3rd - Sunrise, Heroism, Moon Blade

Alternate Class Feature - Sun Soul Cleric
Bonus to Armor Class when unarmored (as monk, including Wisdom bonus to AC). In addition, you can spontaneously cast any spell on your spell list that has the light descriptor or the word light in its name, including light, daylight, and searing light. This ability works like spontaneously casting cure spells does.

Lose
Armor and shield proficiency.

I suck at coding, so far no luck. Therefor I have to ask rather bluntly if someone is willing to help me with this?
For the feats I might find a workaround, basically I need the wisdom Bonus to ac, the other parts are not that important.

For the mystic wanderer class I really need help.

Thanks in advance!
Ultan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 24th, 2013, 04:45 AM
I'll look into creating a file for the Mystic Wanderer.

As for the feats, they shouldn't be too difficult to implement. I'll have to look into adding those spells to the spell list, though. I'll post some stuff here later today to help you out unless someone beats me to it.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 24th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultan View Post
Alternate Class Feature - Sun Soul Cleric
Bonus to Armor Class when unarmored (as monk, including Wisdom bonus to AC). In addition, you can spontaneously cast any spell on your spell list that has the light descriptor or the word light in its name, including light, daylight, and searing light. This ability works like spontaneously casting cure spells does.

Lose
Armor and shield proficiency.
I'm not clear if this is supposed to be a feat or a class variant. I would recommend doing it as a class variant. It's very easy to remove Weapon/Armor proficiencies that way. To code the gain in AC, you can copy the Monk's ability. In your editor, go to the Class Specials tab, and click New (Copy). Then select "Improved Armor Class (cMnkAC). Give it a new thingid, then bootstrap it to your class variant. I haven't tested it, but that should work. If it doesn't, let me know and I can take a look.

Spontaneous casting can't be scripted. You can create a class special that describes the ability then bootstrap so that players know about it.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 24th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultan View Post
Initiate of the Sun Soul
Prerequisites: Cleric, Monk, Bard or Druid 1
Benefit: You may multiclass freely in any of the classes mentioned above.

In addition, you can use light at will, as the spell and add the following spells to your spell list. Diplomacy (Lathander), Perform (Sune) and Survival (Selūne) are always class skills for you.

1st - Rosemantle, Charm Person, Fearie Fire
2nd - Flame Blade, Love Bite, Moon Beam
3rd - Sunrise, Heroism, Moon Blade
The pre-req is fairly straightforward. In the Expr-reqs window, use the following:

Code:
tagcount[Classes.Monk] + tagcount[Classes.Cleric] + tagcount[Classes.Druid] + tagcount[Classes.Bard] >= 1
This adds up the total levels your character has between Monk, Cleric, Druid and Bard. If the total is 1 or greater, then its valid.

If you do a search for class skills in the d20 forum, you will find this thread:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ght=ClassSkill

which provides you with the following information on how to assign a class skill:

run at Frist/5000
Code:
perform hero.child[cHelpXXX].assign[ClassSkill.kXXX]
However, in your case, you want it to work for all classes. To do that, we will simply remove the part that specifies a class, like this:

Code:
perform hero.assign[ClassSkill.kXXX]
Simply replace "kXXX" with whatever the thingid's are for your skills. One line for each skill within the same eval script.

Adding those spells is more complicated. I'll have to get back to you on those.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 25th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Do you have these spells already in HL (the ones from MoF)?
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ultan

Old October 26th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Hi Sendric,
sorry for not replying. Seems a moderator has to check my post first before it is shown here, so was tinkering with the Programm myself in the meantime and then forgot I even asked here. -.-
I sort of figured out most of the stuff by myself now, probably not very elegantly but it works for my purpose.
Will the FR books be updated at a later point? I might come back here if I have more questions.
Thanks for the answers anyway, I will refine my coding a bit!
Ultan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Yes, there will be updates to the community set. I have started working on the Mystic Wanderer. I can post it here when I'm done, and it will be included in the next release.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 4th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Here is the updated Magic of Faerun file that includes Mystic Wanderer. I also added the Attune Gem feat and the Profession: Herbalism skill.
Attached Files
File Type: email FR - Magic of Faerun.user (37.1 KB, 18 views)
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Ultan

Old November 27th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Wow, thanks Sendric for the continuous updates on this. Much appreciated!
Ultan is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 27th, 2013, 06:28 AM
You're welcome.
Sendric is offline   #10 Reply With Quote