Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LetoIgnarus

Old December 5th, 2010, 01:03 PM
CLARIFICATIONS:
The following are clarifications that I have gleaned from reading source texts. Feel free to comment on them and/or scream at me for being wrong.

A) Weird Science Creation Time for 0 Level Spells

Adding a 0 Level spell to an item takes 2 hrs.

Source: Tome of Secrets Pg 13: "The time to create such inventions is 4 hours per spell level used"
Source: Core Rulebook Pg 549: "O-Level Spells: When multiplying spell levels to determine value, 0-level spells should be treated as 1/2 level."

B) Access to spells for Weird Science

An Artificer can select from the following spell trees up to 4th level if he or she meets the CL prerequisites.

Sorcerer (arcane), Wizard (arcane), Cleric (divine) Druid (arcane), Bard (arcane), Paladin (divine), Witch (divine), Ranger (divine), Inquisitor (divine), Summoner (arcane)
(See Class Descriptions)

C) Number of Weird Science inventions

At level 1 an artificer can have 1 lvl 1 weird science invention (ToS: Table: The Artificer Pg 12).

There is no restriction that I can find on 0 level spell items so I think it could go one of the following ways:

a) Someone expands the table to include 0 level weird science inventions.

Possibly just mirroring the level 1 item amounts.

b) 2x 0 level inventions = 1x 1 level invention.

Example: As a Level 2 Artificer I can have either:
1 invention where the highest spell inside it is level 1
or
2 inventions where the highest spell inside it is a level 0.

Source: Core Rulebook Pg 549: "O-Level Spells: When multiplying spell levels to determine value, 0-level spells should be treated as 1/2 level."

D) Maximum number of spells in a Weird Science invention.

In a WS inventionwith a spell level cap of X, you should be able to apply as many X level spells to that single WS invention as you see fit.

Crafting time as well as the increased failure rate (after the allotted number of problem free uses) and the fact that all spells trigger at once should help to nerf someone from throwing EVERY level X spell into a single item.

E) Sharing/Selling Weird Science items and the effect on the WS invention cap.

Couldn't find much info on this so I'll take a stab.

An Artificer must never at any one time exceed the number of Weird Science Invetions as allotted by the table on ToS page 12.

If an artificer chooses, he can part with an item (either by giving it away or selling it). At that time, the item no longer counts against the WS Inventions number.

As an additional deterrent to abusing this (by having someone else carry a massive bag of WS inventions that you can trade out and use at will) the following rules would apply.

An artificer who gives up a WS invention (through sale, loan, theft or otherwise) loses his inherent connection to the item and must use the item as though it was crafted by another artificer. This would negate the free 'reliable uses' on the item. If the Artificer regains possession of the item and has it on his person for 1 full day, he or she can rebuild the connection and thus regain the 'reliable uses' of the item.

At no time may an artificer have more than their allotted number/level of WS inventions in his or her care. Violation of this rule results in a invention to become useless at random (as if rolling a 1 during a UMD). The GameMaster will assign numbers to the WS items secretly, have the Artificer roll an appropriately numbered die and report the result to the GM. The artificer will not know which invention is inactive until he or she attempts to use it.
LetoIgnarus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
LetoIgnarus

Old December 6th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Well.. I have done some further research and have concluded that the class needs some immediate help.

I have rewritten the class, with a substantial amount of clarification and have attached it as a PDF with mark-ups.

I realize this is the HL forum but at the end of the day, the class will need to be clarified if we ever expect it to be added to HL!

Any input/criticism is welcome.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Artificer Rebuild.pdf (113.2 KB, 68 views)
LetoIgnarus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
1les

Old December 1st, 2020, 05:28 PM
Hate to dredge up an old thread but what is needed to get the TOS version of this class into HL?
1les is offline   #3 Reply With Quote