Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Benman

Old March 18th, 2009, 09:33 AM
LOL @ http://www.geocities.com/mi_whplayers/dwfaq.html
Recent Updates to the Direwolf FAQs
+++++
AUGUST 2008

That's quite a while ago.

I just keep the Salamanders as they are now. 3-4 per Salamander, meaning in a group of 3 you can have 9 - 12 Handlers. Not a big problem if it be '3 or 4 per Salamander' after FAQ-update.

My lizardmen datafile works just fine as it is now. I'll leave it at that till someone comes up with the 'perfect' one.
Benman is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
forty2j

Old March 18th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
Been there done that.
We decided to test the Rulezboyz way back when and asked them the same set of questions about rules/armies etc multiple times and got different answers each time we asked.
My understanding is that they have "fixed" their process. They take longer to respond now, which may (but not necessarily) mean they're actually meeting and agreeing on responses.

If anyone wants to try their luck, they can be found now at askyourquestion@games-workshop.com.

Quote:
I just keep the Salamanders as they are now. 3-4 per Salamander, meaning in a group of 3 you can have 9 - 12 Handlers. Not a big problem if it be '3 or 4 per Salamander' after FAQ-update.
That's fine; it can be used the "loose" way and the "tight" way until GW decides to publish the official FAQ. But if I have 3 Salamanders and 9 handlers, when I drop a Salamander I expect the handlers to drop to 6 (remaining 3 per), not 8 (changing to 4 per). Again, can be worked around, but it's nice when the file does the work for you with less clicking.
forty2j is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old March 18th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benman View Post
LOL @ http://www.geocities.com/mi_whplayers/dwfaq.html
Recent Updates to the Direwolf FAQs
+++++
AUGUST 2008

That's quite a while ago.

My lizardmen datafile works just fine as it is now. I'll leave it at that till someone comes up with the 'perfect' one.
DOH! i forgot to mention that some of the FAQs are indeed out of date for some of the newer books. I apologize
Yobtar is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
thx for the reports, i will fix ti all and have release out tomorrow
robert is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Benman

Old July 11th, 2009, 10:10 AM
- Sacred Stegadon Helmet is for Skink Chief only. Oldblood should not be allowed to take it.
- BSB skink and saurus can take a magic banner and still can choose magic items. It should be OR. not AND.

Last edited by Benman; July 11th, 2009 at 10:15 AM.
Benman is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Delthos

Old August 7th, 2009, 06:05 AM
The Arcane Items, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones and Plaque of Tepok, don't follow the rules for allowing only one magic item of each category. Taking one or both of them and another Arcane Item doesn't generate an error. Dispell Scrolls and Power Stones work as they should.

For example, taking Diadem of Power and Itxi Grubs generates an error. Taking Cupped Hands of the Old Ones and or Plaque of Tepok and Diadem of Power doesn't generate an error.
Taking Diadem of Power, Itxi Grubs and Cupped Hands of the Old Ones or Plaque of Tepok generates and error, but only for Diadem of Power and Itxi Grubs.

I suspect this is a copy and paste problem. You copied either the Dispell Scroll or the Power Stone, modified the name and cost, but didn't remove it's composition rules.
Delthos is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
skipschnitz

Old August 12th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Where can you find this update?
skipschnitz is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old August 13th, 2009, 03:12 AM
It's in the current release of the Warhammer Fantasy Files. Just use the update tool.
gilvagor is offline   #28 Reply With Quote