Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gwydion

Old August 18th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Hi, everyone. I've owned Realmworks for a couple of months and have spent a lot of time inputting Princes of the Apocalypse for my upcoming 5e campaign. I actually use fantasy grounds but want a place for the players to access all of the detail offline.

Question for the group. Has anyone used the "sources" section to create a "session summary" grouping? I like to include a detailed recap for the group of the session and add in some of the funny things that happen, cool roleplaying, etc. I thought perhaps keeping notes in a session summary category that can link to all other entries would be more useful to me instead of using the "session recap" functionality (see screenshot attached).

Anyway, just curious if anyone else does something like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Realmworks - summaries.JPG (291.2 KB, 28 views)
Gwydion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 18th, 2016, 05:09 PM
I use other topics to inlcude recaps. (Time Period) Topics. Probably not as intended

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 18th, 2016, 06:10 PM
We've been using Obsidian Portal for this. Waiting for the web view to see what's possible with that but ultimately we had a requirement of it needing to be interactive with the players.
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Gwydion

Old August 18th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
I use other topics to inlcude recaps. (Time Period) Topics. Probably not as intended
Got it! I'm sure the way I'm doing it isn't as intended either but I think it will work!
Gwydion is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 19th, 2016, 02:45 AM
Isn't the web-version a view only feature as well?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Gwydion

Old August 19th, 2016, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
We've been using Obsidian Portal for this. Waiting for the web view to see what's possible with that but ultimately we had a requirement of it needing to be interactive with the players.
Yeah, I've been using obsidian portal as well but really want only one tool for the players given we are already using fantasygrounds to run everything. I think I'm going to toss obsidian portal as the only thing I really use it for right now is the recaps and I think the workaround I'm using for the recaps will work fine.
Gwydion is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 19th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Yeah from what I've seen realm Works player version is read only.

I really don't want to use anything other than Realm Works. It's alot of work transferring information from one to the other but right now Realm Works is falling behind the 8 ball in that regards.
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote