Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mallardduck

Old May 12th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
I'm afraid I can't reproduce this; do you get this problem if you generate custom output for a blank character (no changes made after File -> New)? Which custom output type are you using for it?
Just posted a portfolio (above) that you can use to test this.

Couple of other thoughts:

Sheets generated from Windows do open properly on Mac browsers - it's a generation issue, not a browser version challenge.

Both custom sheets have the same issue, but the XML output looks ok (all three attached in a zip file - generated from the portfolio shared above).

In particular look at the Magic Item list on the 8a sheet.

Unfortunately, this bug makes the mac release essentially useless for me - feel free to email me if you want more info/details or if I can help with anything!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (190.9 KB, 0 views)
mallardduck is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Thrantor

Old May 14th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Not sure this has been reported before. But the MAC version of hero labs doesn't work if you format the drive with a case sensitive filesystem.

On install, you create the LWD/product directory in the package but then when you go to read the directory you read LWD/Product. I have to create a sym link each time I upgrade my version of Hero Labs. Not bad and I know how to do it... but something that should be fixed.

Edit: And yes, I was a moron for formatting the drive case sensitive.

Last edited by Thrantor; May 14th, 2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: ^- moron
Thrantor is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately we don't support running Hero Lab on case-sensitive file systems (on either windows or mac). I'll see if I can resolve this issue, but I can't promise that you won't run into other problems with other app functionality.
Colen is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
mallardduck

Old May 23rd, 2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Unfortunately we don't support running Hero Lab on case-sensitive file systems (on either windows or mac). I'll see if I can resolve this issue, but I can't promise that you won't run into other problems with other app functionality.
Very few applications do support that - it breaks *tons* of things, so don't spend a lot of time on it :-)
mallardduck is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
mallardduck

Old May 23rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrantor View Post
Not sure this has been reported before. But the MAC version of hero labs doesn't work if you format the drive with a case sensitive filesystem.

On install, you create the LWD/product directory in the package but then when you go to read the directory you read LWD/Product. I have to create a sym link each time I upgrade my version of Hero Labs. Not bad and I know how to do it... but something that should be fixed.

Edit: And yes, I was a moron for formatting the drive case sensitive.
I think Carbon copy cloner supports cloning from sensitive to insensitive - www.bombich.com - might be worth the effort to fix it.
mallardduck is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
mallardduck

Old July 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallardduck View Post
Just posted a portfolio (above) that you can use to test this.

Couple of other thoughts:

Sheets generated from Windows do open properly on Mac browsers - it's a generation issue, not a browser version challenge.

Both custom sheets have the same issue, but the XML output looks ok (all three attached in a zip file - generated from the portfolio shared above).

In particular look at the Magic Item list on the 8a sheet.

Unfortunately, this bug makes the mac release essentially useless for me - feel free to email me if you want more info/details or if I can help with anything!
Still having this issue on every portfolio, even with all the updates. There's definitely something different in how the Mac version is generating the custom output.
mallardduck is offline   #26 Reply With Quote