Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

wheelercub

Old November 7th, 2016, 08:06 PM
So I've been doing some research on spellcasting monks for my friend and stumbled upon this incredible revamp of the Way of the Four Elements Monk. I plan on adding it to my HL in the next couple of weeks and will be happy to share my Editor file with the community so it can be added to the community pack if anyone else is interested.

If nothing else, check out the article. It's really a fantastic and well balanced revamp.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1p...1XeWFYSDA/view
wheelercub is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 7th, 2016, 08:11 PM
If you are going to provide this to the community can you please follow the naming convention as you build it. Saves us a heap of time trying to migrate it at a later point.

Editor > Tools > Set User Identifier > 5C

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
wheelercub

Old November 8th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Well I did some research tonight and I can't find a way to add this to the HL Editor. I can duplicate the Way of the Elements archetype, create the handful of placeholders for abilities, add the disciplines/spells and their descriptions, but I have no idea how to change the number of spells the monk can choose at levels 3, 6, 11, and 17. The default is set to 1 on each of those levels, but the remastered version requires players choose 2. I suspect that is related to the bootstrap named c5CMnkEleA, but I can't seem to locate that anywhere in the tools.

In addition at level 3 the player should also be able to choose one of 4 different elemental cantrips, but I'm not sure how to add that mechanic either.

Does anyone know how to do this or can they give me tips on how to add the code? The documentation on how to create these types of code is almost non-existent in the help files.
wheelercub is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
wheelercub

Old November 30th, 2016, 06:32 PM
It took a few weeks, but I finally figured it out (I think). I've added all the content for the Monk: Way of the Four Elements : Remastered. The link below is for my .user file that has everything you need to add it to the Community Pack. The Monk Tradition is called Wo4E when you choose the Tradition and all of the new Elemental Masteries are labeled with an asterisk before the name (*). Let me know if anyone needs anything else.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...1RLOURNNnpXREk
wheelercub is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Palorin

Old December 1st, 2016, 10:31 PM
Wheeler, I love you man
Palorin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
wheelercub

Old December 2nd, 2016, 01:28 PM
LOL, thanks. I freaking love the 5th edition and I love Hero Lab, so we're a perfect match. =)
wheelercub is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
thegneech

Old September 7th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelercub View Post
It took a few weeks, but I finally figured it out (I think). I've added all the content for the Monk: Way of the Four Elements : Remastered. The link below is for my .user file that has everything you need to add it to the Community Pack. The Monk Tradition is called Wo4E when you choose the Tradition and all of the new Elemental Masteries are labeled with an asterisk before the name (*). Let me know if anyone needs anything else.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...1RLOURNNnpXREk
Heyas! Using this for a new campaign and I'm both amazed and grateful that you put it together.

Any suggestions on what to do re: the EE cantrips (short of write 'em down by hand)? I added them as "bonus spells" on the adjustments tab, but they don't show up on the character sheet. Tried to create a custom feat based on Magic Initiate, but since they're wizard spells it uses Int to set the DCs instead of Wis.

-The Gneech
thegneech is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 7th, 2017, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegneech View Post
Any suggestions on what to do re: the EE cantrips (short of write 'em down by hand)? I added them as "bonus spells" on the adjustments tab, but they don't show up on the character sheet.
I remember trying to bring your .user file over, I don't remember the Initiate of the Way feature, but it may be that that class feature got dropped somehow in the process or you added it after we looked at it.

I would try to create the missing feature by adding the the spell "things" and giving them Helper.RaceSpell, StandardDC.aWIS and Usage.AtWill tags in a script. This would put them on the Racial spell sheet and reference the proper ability to generate the DC.
dungeonguru is offline   #8 Reply With Quote