Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

gloranphile

Old November 6th, 2013, 08:02 AM
My rpg group just split into two separate parties, and I would like to keep the info entered in my realm for both, but keep the information shared separate. I think it would be awesome to copy a created realm (or specific Topics in one realm) into another.

This way, the two groups could exist in the same world, but things revealed to group 1 are not the same as those revealed to group 2.

Another great feature for this would be to merge two realms, but that seems like it would have wider implications than the first concept above.
gloranphile is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 6th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Seems to me once player-specific reveal is allowed that would take care of what you need, yes?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old November 6th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I suppose it would... But revealing is not the only thing I'd like to change between two realms in the same world. Perhaps for one group, a particular NPC is a friend, but for the other an enemy. Or that the PCs in one group burned down a tavern, but I need that tavern for another group.
gloranphile is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 6th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I think this gets into the heart of what the whole marketplace/sharing functionality is about. Once that is in place, you should be able to share content, so you can run separate versions of the same campaign for multiple groups, in addition to the other sharing features.
Silveras is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 6th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Oh, I see. When you said the groups split I thought you meant they were still fully in the same world, so if one burnt down a tavern then the other group would also come across a burnt down tavern, rather than forcing an actual world separation at that point.

If I've read the forums correctly I believe that what you want, then, will already be a part of the online setup. I could have read all of that wrong, though, but it was in response to a thread where I had asked about something similar where you might be, say, GMing a realm multiple times like at a convention or the like.

See if this thread answers that for you or not.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old November 7th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Thanks Lenny, that's exactly what I was looking for!
gloranphile is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 24th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Does the sharing feature work by player or by character? That is, say I am running two groups in the same world (burned down tavern is burned down in both), and Joe has a character Agrabar in my Tuesday group and a character Zorbal in my Saturday group. Does RW know that the characters are both Joe's and track revealed information separately? This would obviously require Joe to log in as both Joe and a specific player.
Bidmaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 24th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Right now, the state is binary.. information is either revealed to all players, or no players, in a given realm.

Players will have an account on the server, and will be able to view information from the realms where the GM has given them access (or something like that).

If you have two realms with the same information, and "Joe" is a registered player in both, and the information is revealed in one but not the other, then "Joe" would see it in one, but not the other.

The ability to reveal on a "per PC" basis has been requested, and is on the list of things to add later.
Silveras is online now   #8 Reply With Quote