Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Screetch79

Old May 17th, 2011, 03:40 PM
hi.

bene, i have a class that at 3rd level gain an ability from the following choices:

1. an animal companion from the druid list, but a magical beast instead.
2. a fetish (a particular bonded object)
3. The Repose Domain
4. The Death Domain

the class is an arcane spellcaster, and, if i chose one of the domains, she gains the bonus spell per day like a druid.

i cannot figure how to add the two domain in the possible choises...

(again, sorry for the horrible english...)
Screetch79 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old May 18th, 2011, 04:36 AM
If you go to the editor, there is a tab called Domain (I think thats the name at least). Just add the domains in there, test them and you should see them on the list to choose from.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 18th, 2011, 07:10 AM
He is asking how to allow a choice of those 4 options as the Death and Repose domains already exist in HL.

I am also thinking he would like to know how to have the Domain spells which are setup as Cleric spells show up for the Wizard.

My only advice here at least for the spells is to create a pair of special Domains that have the same spells that are marked to the Wizard class instead of the cleric?

Sorry I can't be more help...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2011, 08:10 AM
ShadowChemosh is right, but you can make them replacements of the existing versions, rather than new things. Just use the "Allow to Archetypes" option on the Cleric Domain tab to allow them for this class (as Cleric Domains, they'll remain an option for Clerics).

For the domain spells, I'd recommend studying the Druid class - see how it's put together - see how it gains bonus spells if the user chooses a domain, as opposed to choosing the animal companion option.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Screetch79

Old May 21st, 2011, 10:32 PM
Quote:
ShadowChemosh is right, but you can make them replacements of the existing versions, rather than new things. Just use the "Allow to Archetypes" option on the Cleric Domain tab to allow them for this class (as Cleric Domains, they'll remain an option for Clerics).
thanks, i tried this one with the Repose Domain, but when i add the domain from the class i receive this warning:

Code:
Error! Domain with multiple 'allow' tags: Repose
and no secondary spell is set.

if i try to add cleric option and add a domain that is not replaced by something user-created all work perfectly.
Screetch79 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CodeSpeaker

Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:20 AM
I was trying to do something similar. Here's what I did.
My class has 1 free domain for free. Then they get further abilities, that includes some other stuff, plus picking another domain if they like.

For the 'custom ability' section, I set it up to allow access to cleric domains, and they get 1 at 2nd level.

In the custom ability tab I set up the class' secondary abilities. One of those abilities increased the count of primary abilities they have (gGiveSpec) in the evalscript

Code:
   hero.childfound[classID].field[cGiveSpec].value +=1
So if you pick that ability as a secondary ability, suddenly you can pick more primary abilities, which are the domains you want.
CodeSpeaker is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Screetch79

Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeSpeaker View Post
I was trying to do something similar. Here's what I did.
My class has 1 free domain for free. Then they get further abilities, that includes some other stuff, plus picking another domain if they like.

For the 'custom ability' section, I set it up to allow access to cleric domains, and they get 1 at 2nd level.

In the custom ability tab I set up the class' secondary abilities. One of those abilities increased the count of primary abilities they have (gGiveSpec) in the evalscript

Code:
   hero.childfound[classID].field[cGiveSpec].value +=1

So if you pick that ability as a secondary ability, suddenly you can pick more primary abilities, which are the domains you want.

thanks, but this is not what I need to do
Screetch79 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old October 15th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screetch79 View Post
bene, i have a class that at 3rd level gain an ability from the following choices:

1. an animal companion from the druid list, but a magical beast instead.
2. a fetish (a particular bonded object)
3. The Repose Domain
4. The Death Domain

the class is an arcane spellcaster, and, if i chose one of the domains, she gains the bonus spell per day like a druid.

i cannot figure how to add the two domain in the possible choises...

(again, sorry for the horrible english...)
That would be the Death Mage class from Super Genius Games. I've added this class too (see Death Mage class thread), except that I've run into the same issue which I'm now trying to figure out.

I tried creating a custom cleric domain from the cleric domains tab, with Death Mage set in the archetypes list. However that doesn't make the domain show up as a selectable ability. (This is a selection of secondary abilities for the class.)

I tried adding a custom ability for each of the 2 domains, with the relevant domain as a bootstrap. This shows up fine as a selectable option. However when the user chooses the ability, it generates a series of error messages like:
"Linkage pick 'table' not located for current context
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseCustSp' (Eval Script '#1') near line 3"

Any further suggestions?
armidale is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old October 15th, 2011, 09:42 PM
This is my second post here, but the first got caught by a moderator filter so will probably show up out of order. In any case, I now have the domains working. The trick is that cleric domains seem to only work as primary abilities, never secondary/tertiary/etc abilities. So once I swapped to make the Death Bond be the primary ability and the Pale Road be the secondary ability instead, the domains show up correctly.
armidale is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Screetch79

Old October 16th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Hello Armidale,
yes, I had already put Pale Road as the primary ability, it is not my problem.

From what I could see, every time I try to create a Domain Clerical going to replace an existing domain, using the "replaces thing id" in the editor, I always get the same error: "Error! Domain With Multiple 'allow 'tags: Repose "

It seems, in my opinion, that we can not replace the domains.
Screetch79 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote