Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000

Notices

Tielc

Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:15 AM
Is there anyway to list special characters in their own section. Instead of listing them all with HQ, etc.? I like to have the option of special characters, but I also don't like wading through them in the Vanilla Space Marine lists. Maybe this is something unique to vanilla marines though?
Tielc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DthShdw

Old June 3rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
I don't believe there is a current means of doing so, but then again I dunno. Though it's not really so much that they are all within the HQ section, so much as few aren't HQ choices anyway. And those that aren't are usually purchased only as an upgrade to other units (such as Lukas the Trickster for the Space Wolves, or Chronus for Ultramarines as an upgrade to any tank taken)
DthShdw is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
fyrebyrd
Volunteer Data File Author

Old June 5th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks Tielc for asking,

Currently, All of the Special Characters are listed where they are exactly in the codex. If what you want to make ALL Special Characters disappear then just goto 'Roster Options' and deselect the 'Special Characters' box.

I realize how bogged down the HQ slot becomes because of the many options, especially for the Space Marine codex(There are 9 named HQs). However those are the options available, blame GW for putting so many HQ options in the codex. This seems to be the norm for them now as the last few codexes have had a large amount of named HQ options too. (GK7, DE8, SW6, IG5, BA6)

The function you asked for is certainly a unique request. Our, the AB40k Maintainers, intent is for each unit to be where they are listed in the codex, to separate the named characters would break that intent, not even accounting for the added time and effort it would take to complete such a task.

Fyrebyrd
AB40k Beta Tester

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
fyrebyrd is offline   #3 Reply With Quote