Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Giddoen

Old September 5th, 2019, 05:12 PM
Will we see PF2.0 for Classic? I really cant stand the web version in its current state. I am sure it will get better in time but I want to use HL whenever I want and a not always on the web!

Thanks,

I have faith!...my character sheet says so!
Giddoen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 5th, 2019, 11:15 PM
From Whys and Wherefores - Some HLO Insights, a stickied post in the general Hero Lab Online forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
10. The question keeps being asked whether we will be bringing Starfinder and now Pathfinder 2nd Edition to HLClassic. It’s possible, but it won’t occur anytime soon. ...
(I highly recommend reading the rest of that long post.)

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Alewis

Old September 8th, 2019, 03:05 PM
Never going to happen. If the new games were available on Classic, nobody would ever buy HLO. That's the sad state of Lone Wolf right now
Alewis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 18th, 2019, 07:06 AM
While we do not currently plan to support PF2 and SF on HLC, you can never tell what might develop.
Lj Stephens is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old September 18th, 2019, 07:34 AM
would it be theoretically possible for the community to do it with the HLC authoring tools, or are they not powerful enough to create a whole new game system?
dacoobob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 18th, 2019, 07:39 AM
Well, you can always give it a try, but I suspect if it were that easy, we would have done that ourselves. Let me know if you do it though. I'm curious to see what you come up with. Thanks!
Lj Stephens is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old September 18th, 2019, 09:38 AM
not saying it would be easy, just wondering if it would even be possible (i've never tried using the authoring tools so i don't know what they're capable of). sounds like you're saying it would be technically possible?
dacoobob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 18th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Technically I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible. Savage Worlds and 4e along with a number of User Projects have been developed in the Authoring Kit.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 18th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
not saying it would be easy, just wondering if it would even be possible (i've never tried using the authoring tools so i don't know what they're capable of). sounds like you're saying it would be technically possible?
It has already been asked in the past. The main problem is that nobody in the community is interested in trying it (for various reasons).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 18th, 2019, 01:43 PM
It is totally possible to use the Authoring Kit to create SF or PF2. The Authoring Kit lets you get access to the core skeletal files of HL and gives tremendous power and flexibility to design what you would like. Its the same tool that LW used to create all the HLC game systems. This is the good news.

The bad news is that the power and flexibility comes at the cost of understanding how to program in HL scripting language. You will have to self teach yourself 80% or more of the software and many things like Agents have no examples in the open game systems. Using the Authoring Kit will also require that you work in the RAW XML files as no "editor" exists for this to happen.

To be clear this would be a Daunting task for anyone to take on and you would need months to just build a functional framework. That does not include inputting all the data once the framework was working.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote