Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

fenriswolf

Old May 20th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I'm thinking about purchasing this product but was wondering if you can import a character image into the character sheet or not. I saw where the product advises that it contains some stock images but wasn't sure if I could add my own to my character sheet.
fenriswolf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 20th, 2010, 12:48 PM
You can import any image you want. The stock images simply provide users with a starting set to choose from. If you have your own favorite artwork, you can absolutely use it instead.

You see how this works within the demo version of the product. The only things you can't do in demo mode are save and generate output - although you *can* print preview to see what the printed output will look like.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 20th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I noticed that you posted this in the M&M section of the forum as well. I can vouch that the product contains the archetype images of several of the books, enough to cover a lot of the standard needs,
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
fenriswolf

Old May 20th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I posted the question on the wrong forum and edited it for deletion. Thanks for the quick responses regarding the image importing. I'm only hesitating on buying the product now due to the release of Mutants and Masterminds 3e and Shadowrun 4e. I'm running a MnM 2e game and a Shadowrun 4th game and could definitely make use of it.
fenriswolf is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 24th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Just started up HeroLab and imported the latest batch of images. Messages indicated that the import was successful, but when I went looking for them they were not to be found in the folder with the previous stock images.

Any clues as to where I should look for them?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 25th, 2010, 04:18 PM
The new images were from Silver Age and Warriors & Warlocks, and should be in the "Mutants & Masterminds" folder with the others.

Do you have "Avenging Disco Godfather.jpg" in your images\Mutants & Masterminds\ folder? If so, that's one of the new images.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 25th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Actually, it didn't import them for me either. I mean, I still have the files, but only in my own directory. The last Hero Images files is from Dec 30th, 2009. I'm redownloading now, just in case.

Ah, and the forced update worked. ^_^ I see them now.

Last edited by Duggan; May 25th, 2010 at 09:45 PM.
Duggan is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 26th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Got 'em, thanks!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote