Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Gord

Old April 4th, 2019, 06:20 AM
I share the player view screen over Skype too. I have a second monitor showing it for players at the table and we use skype for 1-2 people out of town. There is also a webcam set up so we can see them and they, us. Our only real issue has been that my bandwidth is terrible since I am out of the city. Top is 15 mbps down and 1 mbps up. This does cause problems sometimes when random uploads start with Onedrive.

The last couple of sessions, we have had a problem as Skype only wants to share the screen of my laptop, not the second monitor. An update seems to have messed it up for some reason (or so I am guessing). Sill working on figuring this out.
Gord is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old April 4th, 2019, 10:07 AM
I currently use Google Hangouts for my screensharing and voice chat needs. I like being able to tell it just to share a particular application window rather than a screen, so I don't have to worry about accidentally revealing what my other applications are showing.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 4th, 2019, 08:40 PM
I use Google Meet and Join.me regularly for bushiness and fun.

Increasingly I am using Google Meet as it continues to improve and expect I'll be able to dump my Join.me subscription soon.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Murrdox

Old April 5th, 2019, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
I share the player view screen over Skype too. I have a second monitor showing it for players at the table and we use skype for 1-2 people out of town. There is also a webcam set up so we can see them and they, us. Our only real issue has been that my bandwidth is terrible since I am out of the city. Top is 15 mbps down and 1 mbps up. This does cause problems sometimes when random uploads start with Onedrive.

The last couple of sessions, we have had a problem as Skype only wants to share the screen of my laptop, not the second monitor. An update seems to have messed it up for some reason (or so I am guessing). Sill working on figuring this out.
This is interesting, I didn't know you could screen share with Skype. I'll have to look into that and see if it would work better for what I'm trying to do.
Murrdox is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 6th, 2019, 09:06 AM
Lots of media options.

Something like Justin.TV is free to stream to.
But that depends on the quality you're streaming, and the cost of bandwidth.

I backed XSplit Broadcaster back in the day, and that's an easy program to stream with.
But there are free ones out there too.

I've streamed character creation (NPCs), with Hero Lab.
Kind of a neat process, with the audience helping to make something.
Ualaa is offline   #15 Reply With Quote