Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

lordarcheron

Old August 4th, 2017, 12:43 AM
Hi,

I am having the problem that I can't create new Snippet Types in one of my categories. Protection is removed.
Is there maybe a limit of how many snippets I can have per category?
The one I am talking about has around 100 snippets.
I can't even reorder/sort the snippets there anymore.
lordarcheron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 4th, 2017, 12:52 AM
Jeez sounds like a large topic

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lordarcheron

Old August 4th, 2017, 02:03 AM
Its the category for Individuals.
But not every NPC has been filled out to the maximum.
lordarcheron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old August 4th, 2017, 03:29 AM
I thought I had made a very extensive Individual category but I do get nowhere close to 100 snippets....

Besides, I made a new category (brilliantly named "Individual 2") and hid the default category. I am too much of a wuss to mess with the default categories.

Could it be that the GUI is not too happy about handling too many snippets? I seem to remember something along those lines with the navigation pane - not really sure though.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old August 4th, 2017, 11:47 AM
The default individual category has a lot of snippets. I have a lot of trouble imagining needing much more than that. Who could ever fill out 100 snippets on even most of their NPC's?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
lordarcheron

Old August 4th, 2017, 01:20 PM
I just duplicated the 100-snippets-category. The duplicated one can be edited (adding/moving snippets).

Hard to explain how I end up using that much for the Individual, wish I could show those here. But most snippets are in German and like:
"How much religious?", "Religiously tolerant?", "Religious Role", "Does he Missionize?". Just to name a few entries from the Religion section.
lordarcheron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old August 4th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordarcheron View Post
I just duplicated the 100-snippets-category. The duplicated one can be edited (adding/moving snippets).

Hard to explain how I end up using that much for the Individual, wish I could show those here. But most snippets are in German and like:
"How much religious?", "Religiously tolerant?", "Religious Role", "Does he Missionize?". Just to name a few entries from the Religion section.
Wouldn't it be simpler to have a Religion section with only the most basic snippets by default? Stuff like Faith? Anything else can be added for NPC's that need it. The rest it isn't just a lot of blank space.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
lordarcheron

Old August 4th, 2017, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Wouldn't it be simpler to have a Religion section with only the most basic snippets by default? Stuff like Faith? Anything else can be added for NPC's that need it. The rest it isn't just a lot of blank space.
Yes, I know its a mess and need to be cleared up, mostly because on average my NPCs has only about 20-30% of all their snippets filled up.

Religion has its own section and its snippets are, let me see (I have them in German, so I hope I translated them right)...:
- Deity (tag)
- Religious community (tag. Like: church, cult, sect,...). I am not sure if I better handle that snippet in the deity topics.
- Intensity of faith (1-10)
- Tolerance against other faiths (1-10)
- Attitude towards own religion (tag, Like: fearful, exstatic, submissive,...)
- Missionate others? (1-10)
- Religious Role (tag. Like: Disciple, Follower, Priest, Holy Warrior, Inquisitor,...)
- Empty text snippet for notes

Last edited by lordarcheron; August 4th, 2017 at 06:47 PM. Reason: misspelling
lordarcheron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old August 5th, 2017, 09:10 AM
If religion plays a major part I can see how it would be a help.

I have a lot of snippets basically helping me to remember to write things like the eye colour, BTL, likes, dislikes, fears, background, motivation and stuff like that.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #9 Reply With Quote