Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Philderbeast

Old August 6th, 2014, 01:23 PM
I may sit on a white screen for a moment while the portfolio is downloaded to your device (there is a bug that the progress bar is not showing at the moment)

It sounds like that's what your seeing Tro1984 (and will hopefully be fixed in version 1.0.3)
Philderbeast is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Jerith

Old August 6th, 2014, 02:42 PM
It is not listed as compatible with my Motorola Droid Razr HD.

If you get this up on the Amazon App Store I will gladly test it out on the Kindle HD and HDX and give you feedback. (Or alternately give me a link to an APK and I can sideload it.)

Hrm. I wonder though if the Google Drive won't be a problem on the Kindle. In any case, I want to try this!
Jerith is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Jerith

Old August 6th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Let me also add that something like this has been on my mind for awhile... it's been an impetus to learn Android Development, but never enough of one to create the time I needed to get very far.

Which is to say, you're awesome for doing this.
Jerith is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 6th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I current have it set to only work with android 4.1 or up, I might be able to make it work on earlier versions with out much work, if you can tell me what version it is I can do some testing. (its in my list of supported devices so perhaps you just need to do an update?)

As for the kindle fire, I have no plans at this stage to release it on other market places etc at least until development slows down somewhat so I'm not spending all my time uploading to multiple app stores etc. (sorry about that)
Philderbeast is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Just Pete

Old August 6th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Philderbeast, thank you for creating this!

In the interest of making this better:
(using my Note 3)
1) No menu to navigate - am I missing something?
2) Back button to get back to google drive menu only works after device has view mode switched to opposite mode - when I open a character in portrait, I have to switch to landscape to go back. When I open a character in landscape, I have to switch to portrait to go back. Switching mode, and then back to original mode, does not fix this.
3) No exit function (back button just goes back to google drive at best) - unless this is in a missing menu on my device?
4) Screenshot on play store shows what appears to be multiple characters loaded - how? (missing menu again?)
Just Pete is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 6th, 2014, 03:17 PM
1) a menu was added in 1.0.3 (you probably still have 1.0.2)

2) its in the menu in 1.0.3

3) its not in the new menu ill take a look at it today and add something to the new menu for that)

4) if you have multiple characters in the portfolio it will load them all

let me know if you have any other questions
Philderbeast is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Just Pete

Old August 6th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Yup, I had 1.02. You're fast-you uploaded two new versions in the hour I took to evaluate and post!

Thank you again!
Just Pete is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 6th, 2014, 08:05 PM

To be honest one was mostly done last night, I just decided to hold it back a little as it was such a small update.

I will attempt to push out fixes as soon as I have them done as there is nothing worse then waiting for a bug fix for an app you use
Philderbeast is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Just Pete

Old August 6th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Ok, after some further testing with a current version....

Back button still doesn't work. I can access the google drive menu by loading a new portfolio, but can't back out of a portfolio with the button, unless I switch to the opposite view (landscape vs. portrait). Same issue with using the back button from the google drive view; that could/should exit the app (please).

Shadowrun characters have no stat block separations the way Pathfinder characters do (line, title, line). I know this is an artifact of the way the .por files are formatted, but perhaps this can be added as a future enhancement? Or perhaps Lone Wolf can take this as a future enhancement?

Also, I noticed that some of my .por files, when uploaded to google drive, appear as 'file' vs. 'compressed archive'. The 'compressed archive' portfolios can be read by the app, but the 'file' portfolios cannot. I think this is because these were created by older versions of Hero Lab. I tested this by re-opening one of these in Hero Lab, using 'save as' to re-create the portfolio under a new name, and uploading to Google Drive, where it appeared as a 'compressed archive' and could be opened by the app.
- Moral of this last one - keep your Hero Lab portfolios up to date.
Just Pete is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old August 6th, 2014, 09:25 PM
OK, latest version fixes the white screen problem, woot!

Although it has limited functionality, I like the speed at which I can view statblocks between characters in the same portfolios...

I'll probably use it as a quick reference of abilities next to maptools as it's quicker and less clicks.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #20 Reply With Quote